Author Topic: enhanced corona bitmap loader  (Read 2802 times)

2017-01-13, 17:51:39

Rhodesy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I tend to use the C4D filter shader on most of my bitmaps for fine tuning and also making greyscale versions for reflection etc. Increasingly Im finding the limitations of the C4D filter offer and struggle to get crisp high contrast outputs. They often end up a bit muddy - especially when compared to some of the video tuts I have seen for max which keeps all the detail in the texture without clipping it. So seeing as getting a node system is a bit of a long shot is there a way to include a bunch of image filter sliders at the top of the corona bitmap loader? I think this will also give us higher quality results and faster processing which I think thats why it was introduced in the first place?

Thanks

Edit the exposure and gamma adjusters already in the corona bitmap shader already do exactly this - much better than the c4d filter shader. But it would be really nice to have a hue/sat slider in there as well so we wouldn't need to use the c4d filter any more.
« Last Edit: 2017-01-13, 17:57:18 by Rhodesy »

2017-01-19, 10:44:01
Reply #1

Rhodesy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Edit again! I see the Corona output shader is also a step closer with a saturation spinner - all we need now is a hue slider and we are there! But im a bit confused can the corona bitmap loader and the corona output shader not just be combined into one?

2017-01-21, 12:12:13
Reply #2

Mor4us

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • MAD Imagery
have you tried disabling the "interpolation" setting in the c4d bitmap loader already? speaking of the mat preview this is making a huuuge difference!

best regards