Author Topic: [solved] Transforming Vertices - rendering stucks  (Read 9789 times)

2016-11-04, 12:29:28

Majeranek

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys,
I've got some weird problem with rendering.
I recently moved on to new workstation (faster). I had to do that while I was working on a project and I thought that the only thing I'll have to do is load all necessery maps and that's it. I guess I was wrong...
When I'm opening the scene and load all proxies everything is fine. It's going smooth. After I load textures the whole scene becomes really slow and I can't render it because it stucks at "Transforming Vertices". I must admit that this scene is pretty heavy but on previous workstation it worked just fine.
Things that changed:
- 3ds max 2014 -> 3ds max 2017 (tried on 2014, it's the same)
- i7-5820k -> 2x e5-2683v3
- HDD -> HDD
- paths of the maps (direct to network)
« Last Edit: 2016-11-04, 14:46:32 by maru »
marjoramstudio.com Website
be.net/filipmalecki Behance Portfolio
Instagram Instagram Profile

2016-11-04, 12:56:29
Reply #1

Majeranek

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I found where the problem was.
While reloading map paths I used Network Mapped Disk, when I changed paths to direct ones it works just fine.

Maybe you can tell me why direct paths behave correctly and using network mapped disk don't? I also see that that when I hit Ctrl+Shift+Esc disk works at 70% when using network paths, with direct it's around 5%. Weird.

2016-11-04, 13:31:57
Reply #2

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Are you using some antivirus or firewall? Could you disable/uninstall it just for a try? I remember something exactly like this happening with Windows Defender checking all the network assets.
Another idea is trying if Corona Bitmap and Max Bitmap produce the same problem. The easiest way is using the converter script (one click conversion to CBitmap or MaxBitmap).
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2016-11-04, 14:12:55
Reply #3

Majeranek

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Just like you've said. After disabling Windows Defender the problem has disappeared :)

Are you using some antivirus or firewall? Could you disable/uninstall it just for a try? I remember something exactly like this happening with Windows Defender checking all the network assets.
Another idea is trying if Corona Bitmap and Max Bitmap produce the same problem. The easiest way is using the converter script (one click conversion to CBitmap or MaxBitmap).

2016-11-04, 14:46:17
Reply #4

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
No need to disable it completely actually. You should be able to add 3dsmax to its exceptions list.
We even have a solution for this. ;) https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/12000011479
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us