Author Topic: Nodes suddenly renders 10x longer  (Read 3815 times)

2016-10-28, 11:13:07

PEgaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

We're just struggling with rendering an animation of a huge scene and problems seems to like us very much :(

Scene is big - with animated trees, moving people from Anima, motionBlur .... (Max2016,Corona last Daily (Oct 26)).

At first we had problems with most of the Nodes (32 GB/24Gb of RAM) (Scene didn't fit in RAM and Nodes were Pursing the scene forever (Workstation has 64 GB - there everything worker painlessly)).

Then new Daily has come and everything start to work great and RAM amount seemed not to be an issue anymore, but ....
Nodes are rendering with comparable amount of time only few frames (times are around an 1h) then suddenly time jumps to 10h or ... infinit amount of hours.
They are rendering consecutive frames - nothing especcialy changes. When I restart the nodes - everyhing works well ... for some time.

FTH is disabled for all the Nodes.

looking forward to your help
PEgaz

2016-10-28, 16:59:08
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Are you getting any error messages? It would be great if you could share DrData with us, either here or via support portal: https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/12000002065
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2016-10-28, 17:19:25
Reply #2

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Just a thought. I remember in older versions of backburner it would sometimes do this thing where if rendering animations it would render a frame, finish it and than start the next one without closing the previous rendering process meaning on a small number of machines it would just open lots and lots of backburner processes eventually filling the ram and causing rendertimes to soar due to lack of ram and they would do this until you restart or manually end the processes. since DR uses backburner could it suffer from the same fate? Or has that been fixed in later BB versions?
« Last Edit: 2016-10-28, 20:48:35 by jpjapers »

2016-10-29, 10:16:35
Reply #3

PEgaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
thank you for your help guys.

Maru:
No errors messages.
I should be more precise Maru, sorry.
No DR data - there's no DR involved. Everything rendered via BackBurner. One Frame = one Node.
It renders well few frames and then ... starts to render next one xTimes longer (xTimes = endles time on some Nodes). One thing I noticed was Glare that appears in the frames that starts to be considerably longer (earlier sun was covered with building) - Maybe Glare kills my nodes. Making test now with Glare turned off.

jpjapers:
Thank you for that tip - I use BB 2016. I will dig that further it may be the issue I suffer from.

2016-10-29, 12:00:58
Reply #4

tolgahan

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Architectural visualization & Graphic design
I have got a same problem.I try to everything.We started to deal with the objects on the scene one by one. We re arrange multiscatters as corona scatter. Maybe somehow we can get rid of it. In fact there’s not much on the scene. Everything is in order as it has to be.

Imagination is more important than knowlege

2016-10-29, 13:25:55
Reply #5

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I Havent used backburner in any massive way since bb14 so it might have been fixed but i do remember it being a big problem then.

2016-10-30, 00:11:20
Reply #6

PEgaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Posted by: tolgahan
I have got a same problem.I try to everything.We started to deal with the objects on the scene one by one. We re arrange multiscatters as corona scatter. Maybe somehow we can get rid of it. In fact there’s not much on the scene. Everything is in order as it has to be.

We also have got few multiscatters in the scene.
There was some issue connected with multiscatter and memory leaks in Corona - but it was adressed few versions away, if I remember well, and everything seemed to work with no problem since then (even playing with multiscatter parameters in Interactive doesn't cause hang of 3dsmax - very nice feeling :)
The problem we have is that client has already approved and bought many still renders - so we can't change too much in the scene for animation. All we did was recreating trees to be animated, adding few moving cars and people, adding MotionBlur and switching to new Corona (and then using some Glare) ... and the avalanche of problems had begun...

Posted by: jpjapers
I Havent used backburner in any massive way since bb14 so it might have been fixed but i do remember it being a big problem then.

I will try to look for some info of that issue on Monday. It may be still present. Some problems likes to come back to BB from time to time (like bug with disapearing info what frames were rendered when you restart Manager, which they corrected some time ago - now it meets us every time when computer with manager needs to be restarted.)
What other render_queue_managers you can recommend?

2016-10-30, 00:26:54
Reply #7

GabaCGStudio

use Coronascatter instead of Multiscatter or Forestpack

2016-10-30, 01:12:22
Reply #8

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Posted by: tolgahan

There was some issue connected with multiscatter and memory leaks in Corona - but it was adressed few versions away, if I remember well, and everything seemed to work with no problem since then (even playing with multiscatter parameters in Interactive doesn't cause hang of 3dsmax - very nice feeling :)
The problem we have is that client has already approved and bought many still renders - so we can't change too much in the scene for animation. All we did was recreating trees to be animated, adding few moving cars and people, adding MotionBlur and switching to new Corona (and then using some Glare) ... and the avalanche of problems had begun...

Posted by: jpjapers

I will try to look for some info of that issue on Monday. It may be still present. Some problems likes to come back to BB from time to time (like bug with disapearing info what frames were rendered when you restart Manager, which they corrected some time ago - now it meets us every time when computer with manager needs to be restarted.)
What other render_queue_managers you can recommend?

I have forgotten so much crap about backburner haha i wrote my dissertation on the efficiencies of render farms on ad hoc networks versus permanent farms and i literally spent 12 hours a night for about 2 months doing all sorts of ridiculous backburner testing in a building with about 400 i7 machines and a render farm. Im so pleased i raraly have to use it now it was such a pain. i ended up writing lots of my own software to make it less prone to error and easier to use. Unfortunately i havent had to do any animation work in quite some time so im not really the one to ask but ive heard nothing but good stuff about deadline.