Author Topic: Bloom/Glare + panorama360degrees problem  (Read 8736 times)

2016-10-20, 17:05:26

PEgaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,
I couldn't find any info about it on the forum - if I double some post - I'm sorry.

Bloom/glare doesn't work properly with panoramas and stiching line is clearly visible.
It may be desired effect or (worse situation) that may not be possible to implement for 360degrees render - I have no idea. I just wanted to share my 0,00005 cent - maybe no one noticed earlier.

regards
Piotr

2016-10-20, 17:23:48
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi PEgaz!

Was this a cube map? I know it was posted before that cube maps will have this issue, but spherical maps should not - haven't explicitly tested myself as yet, but I remember that note from somewhere on the forums.

Thanks!
   Tom
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2016-10-20, 17:47:30
Reply #2

PEgaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi TomG,
My projection type is spherical, so it's not this issue, unfortunately.

regards
PEgaz

2016-10-20, 18:37:56
Reply #3

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Ah so it is only happening at the one seam rather than in multiple places, I can see how spherical would most likely have the same issue where the image wraps around, while cubemaps would have the potential issue at every seam. Would have to leave any further comment to the devs, as to whether this is something that can be avoided or just an inevitable part of any image that has a seam.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2016-10-20, 18:47:36
Reply #4

johan belmans

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • belly.be
Hi there

I have not used cubemaps yet, but sphericals yes. Glare and bloom is possible. But:
Make sure that your glare and bloom effect is not overlapping your top and bottom image and the effect is not cut off by the sides of your image (in VFB) then it will work.
So for example if you have a sun, make sure it is somehow in the middle of your image. So your camera has to face the sun.

2016-10-21, 10:02:18
Reply #5

PEgaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi belly, thanks for answer.
So, reassuming, bloom/glow doesn't effect rendering areas that are beyond the stiching seems - it works only "within the boundaries" of the  rendering borders.

If it fits - alleluya, if not - no way to use, ... pity :(

regards
PEgaz

2016-10-21, 11:27:44
Reply #6

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
If you absolutely need B&G in spherical rendering, then one workaround could be to render two cameras from same position, but rotated by 90 degrees on Z axis and then combine images in post.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2016-10-22, 22:26:42
Reply #7

PEgaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
thanks for your answers,
romullus: it's kind a solution, but not with short deadline and huge render resolutions and amount ... but it will help sometime :)

2017-02-27, 23:39:52
Reply #8

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
new daily fixes this specific problem
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2020-08-22, 15:10:25
Reply #9

Anatoly

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Greetings!

There is still a problem with Bloom and Glare related to panoramic renderings and Corona Image Editor. I made a preview from Max, saved it to PNG after render, everything was fine. Then I ran a full render for about 50 ultrahigh rez. images, saving them to CXR. Then I extracted Beauty pass from them using CIE and found out that all of them have incorrect glare effect.

See attachment please, there are two images, one is a preview saved from max, another one - from CIE.

Any suggestion how can I fix this ASAP?

2020-09-01, 14:29:37
Reply #10

Anatoly

• Active Users
    • View Profile
This problem still not resolved with Corona 6 release. Please, pay attention to this topic.
I created a support ticket #190548, but there is still no suitable solution.

2020-09-01, 14:36:33
Reply #11

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Hi,

We are aware of your support ticket, I believe one of our team has already been in contact with you.

We have this logged in our system and we will forward it to our dev team. We will let you know when we have some more information.

Thanks,

Rowan

A small note: This is a slightly different issue to the one you reported, so I will leave this here. Your issue only relates to the CIE. We have it logged in our system which is the important point.
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2020-09-01, 18:46:23
Reply #12

Anatoly

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you. Leaving this thread alone. Hoped someone did encountered this, and might share some unexpected solution... Sorry, I need to be more patient)) Will wait for fix.