Author Topic: Daily Builds 1.6  (Read 131964 times)

2017-04-06, 22:57:51
Reply #660

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
Finally!!!! 4K monitors+ Resize work perfectly together! CHAMPAGNE!!!!

Thank you guys!

2017-04-06, 23:57:00
Reply #661

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
  • While scattering on splines, the default orientation is now the local Z axis. This can be changed by rotating the spline's pivot.

As for count changes, i think i liked previous version more.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2017-04-07, 03:32:43
Reply #662

oncire

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Was it heavy scene or light scene? Docked VFB or regular VFB?

-i don't consider it as heavy scene, i have done bigger projects before with corona with no crashes... 3-45 sty bldg with some facade details, and flat ground.. sun + hdri...
-regular vfb.. was testing only my lighting then zooming...then immediately  crashes 3dsmax ...
-also there's a corona error popping up--> "Windows enabled 'Fault Tolerant Heap' for 3dsmax or dependent processes."

2017-04-07, 05:26:32
Reply #663

oncire

• Active Users
    • View Profile
i think i found the bug-- 3ds max-region rendering causes it to crash...while zooming in IR... without it works fine...

2017-04-07, 08:25:44
Reply #664

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
-also there's a corona error popping up--> "Windows enabled 'Fault Tolerant Heap' for 3dsmax or dependent processes."

Just disable FTH. None of our boxes has it activated, no drawback.

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2017-04-07, 08:32:15
Reply #665

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
i think i found the bug-- 3ds max-region rendering causes it to crash...while zooming in IR... without it works fine...
this should be fixed in the last daily, have you tried it?
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2017-04-07, 09:06:02
Reply #666

Ryuu

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
As for count changes, i think i liked previous version more.

We're planning another scatter UI & behavior brainstorming session for today. If you could describe the benefits and drawbacks of both solutions from your point of view (and anything else in scatter you find less than intuitive), that would be incredibly helpful.

2017-04-07, 10:01:04
Reply #667

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
Wow! With the lastes build, ALT-Qing some object(s) and starting IR is at last as fast as one would expect in very heavy scenes where I always had the feeling the whole scene would be somehow examined first. One of the best improvements ever. I was about to ask if it´s possible to get some acceleration this case and here it is! Thanks so much for this!

Additionally I noticed when using CameraMod that I´m able to switch tone mapping on/off even when CameraMod overrides it? See screenshot, orange tagged checkboxes I´m able to switch during rendering, red ones not - even if the checkbox is not greyed out.

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2017-04-07, 10:19:54
Reply #668

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
We're planning another scatter UI & behavior brainstorming session for today. If you could describe the benefits and drawbacks of both solutions from your point of view (and anything else in scatter you find less than intuitive), that would be incredibly helpful.

Well, now every scattering type has its own count controls and in case of 3D and 2D random, those controls doubles each other. In previous version there was single control that ruled them all and unless i'm missing something, it perfectly did its job. I don't know, maybe for newcomers old count control version may have been not very intuitive at first, but new version is confusing even for experienced user, IMHO. Maybe there was some limitations with old system that was impossible to overcome, that i'm not aware of? Otherwise, i can't see resons for those changes.

P.S. i hope you will consider Rawalanches proposal about viewport display changes as well in your meeting.

2017-04-07, 13:18:16
Reply #669

sevecek

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Fixed.

2017-04-07, 14:34:26
Reply #670

Ryuu

• Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile

Well, now every scattering type has its own count controls and in case of 3D and 2D random, those controls doubles each other. In previous version there was single control that ruled them all and unless i'm missing something, it perfectly did its job. I don't know, maybe for newcomers old count control version may have been not very intuitive at first, but new version is confusing even for experienced user, IMHO. Maybe there was some limitations with old system that was impossible to overcome, that i'm not aware of? Otherwise, i can't see resons for those changes.

P.S. i hope you will consider Rawalanches proposal about viewport display changes as well in your meeting.

Thanks for your input. The problem with the original way was that the count spinner doubled as max count/limit when scattering by density and as count otherwise. It was a bit confusing when the density checkbox was located far away from this spinner.

The new way is that the limit is something that you shouldn't have to touch, it's just a sanity check to limit the max count of instances when playing with the density settings/UV spacing/whatever. I agree that it was a bit confusing for the experienced user. We'll probably try to move the limit spinner somewhere else, since it's something you shouldn't have the need to touch anyway and it doesn't make sense for such control to occupy premium space at the beginning.

Rawa was part of this meeting and I guess you are talking about his proposal to have the viewport limit as "max number of instances" instead of percentage, right? He's been pushing this idea for a few UI sessions already and we totally agree :) I'm always confused when scattering just a few instances that there is nothing in the viewport. Hopefully there will be time to change that before 1.6 release.

2017-04-07, 17:03:45
Reply #671

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Thanks for your input. The problem with the original way was that the count spinner doubled as max count/limit when scattering by density and as count otherwise. It was a bit confusing when the density checkbox was located far away from this spinner.

The new way is that the limit is something that you shouldn't have to touch, it's just a sanity check to limit the max count of instances when playing with the density settings/UV spacing/whatever. I agree that it was a bit confusing for the experienced user. We'll probably try to move the limit spinner somewhere else, since it's something you shouldn't have the need to touch anyway and it doesn't make sense for such control to occupy premium space at the beginning.

I won't argue with you guys about this one, as it's not a vital thing. I think i can easily adapt to new system. Just one note - maybe it's worth to change max limit to lesser number? When experimenting with UV map distribution, i changed distribution object's UV mapping coordinates to "real world" and that small change led max to freeze for few minutes as CScatter suddenly has to calculate distribution of million instances, while display in viewport was set to 100% and previz type to full mesh. And of course, having viewport display limit as max instances count, would helped greatly in that situation. I'm glad that you decided to include that in 1.6 ...or at least try to do that :]

2017-04-07, 17:09:53
Reply #672

Ryuu

• Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
That's kinda strange. I never experienced any scatter freeze like that. We were thinking about raising the default limit value to something like 5M.

I'm glad that you decided to include that in 1.6 ...or at least try to do that :]

Well, more likely this will be in 1.7 dailies :)

2017-04-07, 17:10:15
Reply #673

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
By the way, after introducing new elements in CScatter, i always find myself changing align to normal when in fact i want i want to change rotation Z to. I would like to see those two controls a little more separated from each other. Maybe it's worth to move align to normal below stepping controls?

2017-04-07, 17:13:42
Reply #674

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
That's kinda strange. I never experienced any scatter freeze like that. We were thinking about raising the default limit value to something like 5M.

I can show you in a video, how easy it is to make something like that by accident. But then again, maybe it's my acient PC is at fault here :]

Well, more likely this will be in 1.7 dailies :)

Dailies are fine for me, i use public release as long as there first new daily anyways :]