Author Topic: Daily Builds 1.6  (Read 131017 times)

2017-03-22, 23:45:26
Reply #540

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
i am getting the mini VFB on a Microsoft surface display 3x2kres. Win10.
You can resize it, and it keeps shrinking down to the same size.

Yes, this is the problem...

2017-03-22, 23:50:28
Reply #541

aldola

• Active Users
    • View Profile
same here and the interactive frame buffer looks like a 2cm square

2017-03-22, 23:52:22
Reply #542

Noah45

• Active Users
  • press *1
    • View Profile
New IR almost instantaneous on heavy scene. Thanks.
Retail Illustrator  (for ever' 80's )
3DMax 2020/Corona Version: 6DB

2017-03-22, 23:59:59
Reply #543

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging

Hmmm, I tried with my home workstation and a heavy scene and unfortunately I can't confirm the same... :(
I have a Xeon Dual system and the IR updates are slow. Actually when I move the mouse the IR stops till I release it again.

Probably my home configuration is a bit old: Dual Xeon E5-2630 v2@2.60GHz - Win10.
I'll try in office tomorrow as the workstation there is very recent and more powerful.

2017-03-23, 00:07:20
Reply #544

Noah45

• Active Users
  • press *1
    • View Profile
Running the o'priced, but o'clocked i76950x. 64GB. The previous DB IR's were acting weird, (ghosting/ freezing) , not this one.
Retail Illustrator  (for ever' 80's )
3DMax 2020/Corona Version: 6DB

2017-03-23, 06:01:26
Reply #545

amitshneor

• Active Users
    • View Profile
guys can you confirm that in an interior with Uhd Cache the sub sampling is way slower than outdoor path tracing?
any thing to do to accelerate that?

in smaller scenes it is great !

2017-03-23, 08:55:31
Reply #546

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Fixed crashes when 3dsmax bitmap is changed on HDD during/after render
this is a big one congrats! so many times crashing for me while I adjust the maps in photoshop! thank you for that :)

2017-03-23, 10:09:47
Reply #547

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
Fixed crashes when 3dsmax bitmap is changed on HDD during/after render
this is a big one congrats! so many times crashing for me while I adjust the maps in photoshop! thank you for that :)

Very good to know! :)
I will try the DR today, let's cross our fingers!

Dionysios -

2017-03-23, 10:35:55
Reply #548

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging

Hmmm, I tried with my home workstation and a heavy scene and unfortunately I can't confirm the same... :(
I have a Xeon Dual system and the IR updates are slow. Actually when I move the mouse the IR stops till I release it again.

Probably my home configuration is a bit old: Dual Xeon E5-2630 v2@2.60GHz - Win10.
I'll try in office tomorrow as the workstation there is very recent and more powerful.

Tried right now with my the worksrtation I have at work. No changes at all. The IR starts but once I move the camera view nothing happens, I don't see the realtime updates as they appear when a simple scene is used and without materials. My sample scene is an interior with a lot of IES lights. Probably this is how it works.... :(

2017-03-23, 10:50:40
Reply #549

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Subsampling makes sense only with PT+PT. Obviously if you use PT + UHD, there will never be fluid feedback, because UHD need to precompute. There's plan to make actual UHD precomputation usable for subsampled scene preview, but that won't make it in 1.6. Although, we will probably get a check box to always force PT+PT for IR.

If you use PT+UHD in IR even in super simple scenes, your feedback will be terrible.

2017-03-23, 11:00:40
Reply #550

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
Subsampling makes sense only with PT+PT. Obviously if you use PT + UHD, there will never be fluid feedback, because UHD need to precompute. There's plan to make actual UHD precomputation usable for subsampled scene preview, but that won't make it in 1.6. Although, we will probably get a check box to always force PT+PT for IR.

If you use PT+UHD in IR even in super simple scenes, your feedback will be terrible.

God...

Good to know!!!! Yes, I confirm you should to something to force this...

2017-03-23, 11:04:03
Reply #551

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Wow, that is super fast! Will this be available in the Cinema 4D beta 1 version?

Hi, yes.

2017-03-23, 11:10:03
Reply #552

Monkeybrother

• Active Users
    • View Profile
IR doesn't work at all for me now. The first time I opened IR, I got a black screen, closed it and now it won't even open. Can't render offline either.

2017-03-23, 11:23:48
Reply #553

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
IR doesn't work at all for me now. The first time I opened IR, I got a black screen, closed it and now it won't even open. Can't render offline either.

The main purpose of Beta1 is rewrite of IR to be more stable and reliable.

2017-03-23, 11:25:19
Reply #554

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging

I tried now and it works fine with PT+PT but for interior use the PT+UHD once this is precomputed, is always faster. I am looking forward to see some development in the near future. For now a big step already is done! :)