Author Topic: LightMix - how to do and play (just for 1.5 Daily Build)  (Read 21221 times)

2016-11-08, 15:51:03
Reply #15

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes! I actually did mention this in the Daily thread, but I didn't make a dedicated request. The ability to save and load presets makes a good start of what you're talking about, but surely this would expand the possibilities and efficiency.

so +1 for this :)

2016-11-08, 17:31:58
Reply #16

alexyork

• Active Users
  • Partner at Recent Spaces
    • View Profile
    • RECENT SPACES
I'm sure it's been asked a bunch of times but we'd LOVE to be able to animate the lightmix values in the VFB and save out to an image sequence........ :)
Alex York
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com

2016-11-08, 18:54:16
Reply #17

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
but I didn't make a dedicated request.

Ah ok - lost in the usual daily thread noise. Would you be so kind to create a proper request on mantis, PROH?

@alexyork: This will definitely get a job for the standalone application cecofuli mentioned (and it can be currently done easily by rendering out the LightSelect RE´s EXRs and compose them). BTW: Wondering if there will be some kind of contest to find a proper name for that postpro cexr application :)

Good Luck
Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2016-11-08, 19:26:58
Reply #18

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2016-11-14, 14:34:32
Reply #19

Tiago4D

• Active Users
  • Be Happy!
    • View Profile
    • Lumo Studio Arch & Design
Hi All!

I was thinking of an element just to use certain lightmix preset,

maybe "lightmix_setup"

maybe not controllable just to use preset saved in the edit of the ligth mix

What would you think of this idea?

B.R.

Tiago
Learning...

2016-11-14, 23:24:46
Reply #20

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
Hmm I was never (and never will get) an advocate of additional external files. Too much trouble potential when rendering automated anyhow, if they are not dedicated scene assets and treated like this.

So the hole load/save part is nothing like a bridge to the standalone application in my eyes; for me personally quite useless because the process is not able to get automated. I want a scene, I want to submit it and I want to get the results directly without fumbling with external files or applications.

Your idea (ignoring the external files part :) could additionally help to save framebuffer memory when rendering - say - 10 different lightmixes. So they could be processed in the post stage separately like denoise (using settings only as you described which would be stored in the max file) and not using fb memory each while rendering. But different lightMixes with different settings would have to be handled in a way like that anyway (obviously or hidden), using just one shared fb "slot", everything else makes no sense imho.

I would prefer that 1000 times over any external cEXR solution with load/save of config files. Well, just my thoughts,

Good Luck

2016-11-15, 00:24:34
Reply #21

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I think that at least scene dependent stuff (light mixer presets etc.) should be saved in the scene/Max-file, and not as an external file.

Regarding things that are not scene dependent, it can actually make sense to use external files.

2016-11-15, 02:49:06
Reply #22

Tiago4D

• Active Users
  • Be Happy!
    • View Profile
I think that at least scene dependent stuff (light mixer presets etc.) should be saved in the scene/Max-file, and not as an external file.

Regarding things that are not scene dependent, it can actually make sense to use external files.

Hi PROH!

I´think that is solved! Or will

https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,13098.0.html

Learning...

2016-11-15, 08:17:23
Reply #23

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
That´s something different from what was discussed here. It´s about automatically adjusting scene lights and colors so that they match the current settings from a (the) lightMix panel with the effect that the beauty (without mixing lights) looks like the current lightMix when rendered. It´s not about having multiple lightMix setups with different settings simultaneously.

Good Luck

2016-11-15, 23:26:22
Reply #24

Tiago4D

• Active Users
  • Be Happy!
    • View Profile
That´s something different from what was discussed here. It´s about automatically adjusting scene lights and colors so that they match the current settings from a (the) lightMix panel with the effect that the beauty (without mixing lights) looks like the current lightMix when rendered. It´s not about having multiple lightMix setups with different settings simultaneously.

Good Luck

is the way Frood!

with this just "scene_selected" element and voilá!

B.R.

Tiago
Learning...

2016-11-16, 00:53:07
Reply #25

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hmm... Nice feature for sure. But I too can't see how this will solve the "problem" discused above.

Or did I misunderstand something?

2016-11-30, 02:30:15
Reply #26

steyin

• Active Users
  • BALLS
    • View Profile
    • Instagram Page
Not sure if this was covered entirely, but if I send a few views to render in backburner that have various lightmix settings, as well as VFB settings, how do you ensure they each come out correctly? For example, I have a scene with multiple suns for different views and have tweaked the lightmix and VFB settings for each camera (and exported the settings), yet when rendering to backburner it cannot recall those settings. Even if go to the backburner VFB and load them, it does not save the render with those settings applied. I get the render elements for my environment and the sun, but not the overall correct composited image as a final result. Not really sure what to do aside from just rendering one by one and saving manually without using backburner, but I can't do that when I need to render all these over night.