Author Topic: more efficient new material creation  (Read 6083 times)

2016-06-06, 00:37:57

Rhodesy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Currently its a bit of a pain going to new material then across a couple of menus and down to get to 'standard' which 9 times out of 10 is the option required. I have recently downloaded the trial of indigo out of curiosity as its developed a stones throw from my office and I really liked the way they had integrated the new material creation into c4d. I'll not show any screen grabs but essentially there is an option for a new indigo material in the create menu directly below the c4d native material option. Then once that new material is created if you open it up there is a drop down at the top of the left menu below the shader ball to select the type of material - so in corona it could be light mat or portal etc. Its a much better way of doing things IMO. I couldnt get my head round indigo mats though, far too scientific for me.

2016-06-06, 11:11:55
Reply #1

4b4

• Active Users
    • View Profile
good idea Rhodesy

2016-06-06, 17:35:43
Reply #2

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Definitely a good idea simplifying the workflow.
There was some script which did something similar some time ago on the forum. Will look for it.
Also, in my opinion C4D lacks a node-based material editor, which I can't imagine living without. Special node editor for Corona materials would be awesome...
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2016-06-06, 18:54:46
Reply #3

4b4

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yep, CMnodes is the closest us C4D users have ever got to node based materials, at least until Arnold came along.

Not sure if anyone knows how to get it working with Corona or perhaps C4D R18 might finally take care of things.

2016-06-06, 23:57:21
Reply #4

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Not to forget the FinalRender by Cebas in 2005 (R9.5).
>>source<<

« Last Edit: 2016-06-07, 00:02:42 by burnin »

2016-06-07, 14:36:22
Reply #5

Rhodesy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
wow that c4d skin brings back memories. Check out the inlaid cylinder wireframe! I think final render was the first third party renderer for us, then maxwell after that?

Yes a node based shader system is looong over due. Im always so jealous when I watch the corona tuts with the slate ed just re linking maps with different HSV does between etc. But a quicker way to integrate the new material command would be a start!

2017-04-24, 19:17:05
Reply #6

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
This is already implemented, right? Now it's Corona -> New Material ...

2017-04-25, 13:34:17
Reply #7

Studio Heisenberg

• Active Users
  • Let's cook
    • View Profile
It's a matter of opinion to me, but I think it is great to follow Cinema 4D great and advanced material system, layer and filters are really great and tons of procedural stuff can be made that way, ofcourse bonuse node system would be great, but unlike 3DS max where it is really pointless to use material creation withouth nodes, I think lot of people will still use layer system inside Cinema. The only thing that would be helpfull and I am missing from 3DS max is complex fresnel curve, or just add something like curves so we can use it inside layer or fusion, something like this: http://helloluxx.com/tutorials/cinema4d-2/cinema4d-materials/curve-fresnel/