Author Topic: TEST RAMRush / 6k High-Resolution -NO Render Crash-  (Read 7477 times)

2016-06-01, 02:55:30

rafpug

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello
PC configuration : i7 2600k CPU @ 3.40Ghz - 8Gb Ram
Render Resolution 6K -  Pass limit 3 + ON Denoise

http://www.fcleaner.com/ramrush.htm    RAMRush
RAMRush uses an intelligent way to manage the physical memory and lets the RAM work in a better performance.
It will help you to prevent system crashes , memory leaks

In the memory test it was maintained at about 2GB RAM .
More critical point and state the  beginning of Denoise for an increase of RAM ( RAMRush reacted well and has bypassed the 3DStudio crash )

2016-06-01, 03:29:22
Reply #1

Noah45

• Active Users
  • press *1
    • View Profile
Zoom in on the right curtain...lookin a bit wonky (blotchy)
Retail Illustrator  (for ever' 80's )
3DMax 2020/Corona Version: 6DB

2016-06-01, 06:16:35
Reply #2

rafpug

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello Noah
test 10 passes ( No  Render Crash ) for the comparison.
The previous scene 3 passes was for a check on crash

2016-06-01, 08:40:34
Reply #3

FrostKiwi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Zoom in on the right curtain...lookin a bit wonky (blotchy)
->
Denoiser - with very low passes makes these kinds of artifacts.
I'm 🐥 not 🥝, pls don't eat me ( ;  ;   )

2016-06-01, 11:21:26
Reply #4

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
What kind of test this is? You only provided results with that ramrush, but who knows, maybe without it, your picture would render just fine or even three times faster? If you want to do proper test, then render with that app and without it with equal settings, write down time and RAM usage and do it at least three times :]
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2016-06-01, 11:40:47
Reply #5

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
I didn't understand this either. So Corona was crashing for you without the ram manager app?
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2016-06-01, 11:54:12
Reply #6

rafpug

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello maru
Yes ..Tonight I provide other input. for now I'm at work

Hello romullus
I found this app that optimizes me the Ram memory because days before I tried to produce a render with 4K resolution, and when you process the denoiser, the 3dstudio enters crash
Last night I tried this app with a 6k resolution and I have had no problem. Tonight or tomorrow send a series of tests and comparisons

sorry for my English

Thx
Raf
« Last Edit: 2016-06-01, 12:29:19 by rafpug »

2016-06-01, 13:26:48
Reply #7

rafpug

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Denoiser - with very low passes makes these kinds of artifacts.
[/quote]

Hello SairesArt
right, there is an average between passes and denoise value aspect ratio.
It does a series of high-resolution tests render
Obviously considering the shortest possible time to produce a rendering

Thx

2016-06-01, 14:31:12
Reply #8

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
I'm not so sure if what I am about to say is all correct but my experience with RAM optimizing applications is that they could / might potentially be beneficial for users with limited RAM under certain scenarios. There is however a bit of a downside too.

When using your computer you sometimes get memory leaks, programs not clearing every ounce of RAM they should / could, residual stuff... In those cases I guess potentially a RAM optimizer would help because as far as I understand it the thing just clears RAM unassigned parts and repopulates them with stuff that is necessary (or leaves it blank).

From my experience however that comes with a drawback as it also purges stuff that is cached / waiting to be used. I tried a few of these back in the early 00's and stuff like games actually needed more time to load, cache everything from disk onto RAM and all that. That in turn made the process of starting up a game longer but I guess once you were in the game and once RAM got populated with info again, you gained those few MBs (back then 128mb were bragging rights) that made the HDD scratch a little less...

But yeah, do take what I said with a grain of salt as this was way back and I might be remembering it wrong. What I do remember is that overall I wasn't that impressed and disk spinning was higher than it normally was when starting applications.

In rendering, I suppose that would help. If you can clear 1gb of stuff then thats dandy. Overall though you gain much more speed by just simply upgrading RAM (quantity wise, not speed). Don't we all just LOL when you click a button (say, chamfer) and then stuff gets loaded from your SSD / HDD and you sit there for 5 seconds wondering whats up with that? Because I fear that is sort of what can happen with RAM optimizers... :P
Nejc Kilar | chaos-corona.com
Educational Content Creator | contact us

2016-06-03, 16:42:47
Reply #9

rafpug

• Active Users
    • View Profile
1K Resoution    1550x944px  20Pass limit + 5.0Noise level limit    Time: 00.07:16
GI=25
LSM=1.644
DenoiseA 0.65  DenoiseR 1.0

-> 5.0Noise level limit   (every 5 passes what happens?)

2016-06-03, 16:47:47
Reply #10

rafpug

• Active Users
    • View Profile
6k Resolution   - detail zoom

2016-06-03, 17:03:41
Reply #11

rafpug

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The function denoise A/R  +  denoise tex  to highlight clamping are elemnts control the quality of the pixels ?

2016-06-03, 18:58:45
Reply #12

rafpug

• Active Users
    • View Profile
6K Resolution   6224x3656px   15Pass limit + 5.0Noise level limit    Time: 01.34:54
GI=25
LSM=1.644
DenoiseA 0.65  DenoiseR 1.0

Compared to my PC configuration I had to overcome the crisis points for resolutions greater than 4K and closure of the program 3dsmax ( crash ) - problem with RAMRush bypassed .  I enclose the critical