Author Topic: Material Settings Sketchup  (Read 20191 times)

2016-05-18, 13:38:50

spadestick

• Active Users
    • View Profile
We're back!!, the latest Corona Sketchup update is finally working with SU2016 on our PCs at the very least.

But since there are no standard shaders / presets.

Can anyone let me know what are architectural glass settings? I can't seem to see the glass appear in the preview window and it comes out completely invisible in the render as well. Thanks

And we need the ability to delete materials, even after deleting them from Sketchup directly, the material dialogue remains the same with unwanted materials.
« Last Edit: 2016-05-18, 13:46:43 by spadestick »

2016-05-18, 15:06:03
Reply #1

Ocularcentric

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Are you using SketchUp's Opacity setting? It shouldn't be used for glass -see attached. Use refraction instead and opacity set to 1.
Anyone disagree?

Issue (which we have discussed here) is that the model geometry will also appear solid now...which can be a pain!! Controls need to be separated I feel....for diffuse too, or at least a checkbox allowing the choice of replacing or being separate per material/channel.

2016-05-18, 15:30:11
Reply #2

Tales Macedo

• Users
  • Designer and Artist 3D.
    • View Profile
    • Tales Macedo - Design Studio
I made glassware , but it had to not use opacity / transparency , because it applied such element glassware does not work.

2016-05-18, 16:26:54
Reply #3

spadestick

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I have finally found normal architectural glass settings... now onto black opaque glossy glass.

2017-05-25, 15:58:21
Reply #4

spadestick

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Water is acting weird, the refraction is not working - does anyone know how to set proper water settings?

Water needs Tint. there's no setting for tint though. Tint is like a fog, as it goes deeper the water colour becomes a deeper blue from clear to blue.

This material editor is currently pretty basic it needs to be more intuitive with basic material shaders.

2017-11-05, 17:57:05
Reply #5

spadestick

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I think I found out why the water is like that - apparently you can't stretch your material too much for the water setting, instead of blurring out, it will pixelate.

2017-11-05, 19:54:16
Reply #6

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
For the effect of depth, you will need to use the Volumetric settings, which do color the ray more the farther it passes through the material. The whole guide from here will apply to C4D and Max, and water and colored glass are other things that should use the Volumetric SSS settings - anything where color changes with volume. Hope this helps!
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2017-11-05, 19:54:54
Reply #7

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
(Not sure if the Volumetric settings are in the Sketchup implementation mind you, have never had to go look for them!)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2017-11-06, 03:04:58
Reply #8

spadestick

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks TomG! will take that into consideration when they are implemented, currently it's not there yet.