Author Topic: Keyframing exposure settings?  (Read 3505 times)

2016-03-02, 13:32:25

Rhodesy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hoping someone can help. I like to use the simple exposure settings in corona rather than the trad physical camera settings as I really like being able to adjust the highlight compression to get the right exposure and I dont think you can get the same output just using the physical cam tab. However im trying to do an animation and there doesn't seem to be a way to key frame any of the exposure settings which I will need as the camera moves from inside to out. It is possible to key frame the camera tab settings like shutter speed but then you lose the highlight compression feature. Any ideas how I can get this to work? Thanks

2016-03-02, 17:24:41
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Well, you should be able to keyframe these settings, but for some reason they do not work at all. In 3ds Max you have additional "override simple exposure" and "override tone mapping" checkboxes which must be enabled for this to work. It looks like they are missing in the C4D version. I will report it.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2016-03-03, 14:01:34
Reply #2

Rhodesy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ah that must be the alpha 5 interface for the cam tab as its not on the 4.1 as an option. I tried the daily build of 5 but it gave me some issues with HSL filter layer being ignored so I switched back to 4.1 so I could finish the job I was working on. Those override buttons are in the exposure settings dialogue though so I was wondering if it was possible to use the physical cam settings and keyframe the shutter speed and still have access to the exposure compression. Which one would I tick if I wanted to do this? Thanks

2016-03-03, 14:40:09
Reply #3

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
I was wondering if it was possible to use the physical cam settings and keyframe the shutter speed and still have access to the exposure compression. Which one would I tick if I wanted to do this? Thanks
This is possible. You still have access to highlight compression when using physical camera. (because highlight compression is what you meant by "exposure compression", right?)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2016-03-03, 17:34:35
Reply #4

Rhodesy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks Maru, yes that is what I meant.

You are right I can globally set the highlight compression and it still works with the physical cam where I can keyframe the exposure adjustment without blowing out the highlights too much. That should do for now and for any shots I need to fine tune beyond that will be individual shots with a consistent exposure.

Thanks again for the clarification on this.