Author Topic: License Server  (Read 4751 times)

2016-03-01, 09:01:33

toby00001

• Active Users
    • View Profile
This is more of a feature 'pre-request'. But when you launch the commercial version of Corona for C4D, could you please implement licensing using Maxon's own license server. When deploying a number of C4D licenses in a studio, as I do, plugins that rely on auth tokens present on each machine are a serious pain in the a** :D

The Laubwerk guys have implemented the official license server system for Surface Spread and it works a charm! I helped them debug as they didn't have a working license server setup and if you guys need the same I am happy to offer!

Keep up the great work! :)

2016-03-01, 12:00:45
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2016-03-01, 12:11:28
Reply #2

toby00001

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes!..and no! :D

Well definitely this is better than a hardware dongle or auth token. But what I mean is using Maxon's official license server, rather than setting up another license server on my network here.

I guess the C4D development hasn't got far enough to answer this question yet, but typically C4D plugins are linked to a C4D serial number, will the Corona for C4D license be linked to C4D serial numbers? I've attached a screenshot from my testing license server so you can see what I mean. You can neatly add plugin serial numbers and it automatically detects the main C4D license it is associated with and issues those licenses as they are requested on the network.

I'll happily setup a dedicated Corona license server on my network if needed but using Maxon's official license server would be ideal :)

2016-03-09, 11:54:23
Reply #3

Ales

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I added Licence server to installer for C4D version.
I plan to examine the possibility of integrating with C4D own license server during A6.

2016-03-09, 12:00:23
Reply #4

toby00001

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Great! Thanks very much!