Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
[Max] I need help! / Re: mapping help
« Last post by Aram Avetisyan on Yesterday at 07:27:45 »
Note that you can even use Curved decals with Corona 12 Daily builds, which should be the real use case for you I believe.

Remember to back up your scenes though when opening them with experimental/daily builds.
Tnx! Really - I reset the BIOS settings to the default and render has started and works (before, I had a XMP-profile for RAM and other custom settings).
Hey! Turned out the problem was due to voltage caps being set to unlimited on my BIOS for my processor i9-13900K. I set the voltages to their default values and it was solved.

I'm not qualified enough to explain in detail but I can ensure that the problem is caused by the voltage set from the motherboard to the processor(if all else fails).
@dfcorona got any updates maybe? Totally curious to hear how the 7980x has been treating you.

By the way, I have just noticed that roughly since the start of the year the top of the line 96 core Zen 4 Genoa is being heavily discounted (and other CPUs too). A new 9654 is commonly available at below 6000€ and I even found stores that sell them for 2500€. They used to cost like 10.000€.

I mean it is still a lot of money but we are talking about 96 cores that seemingly go above 3ghz with all cores. These are now basically 50% off.
I'm in the US, but I would buy a 96 core at 50% off.  Where did you find that? I saw people on eBay selling 7980X for like 3,500... But I'm a little sus about that. Sorry I haven't posted in a while, just had a new baby, and it's my first so it's a learning experience. But I got some really good updates on the 7980X. Pulling over a 39k on Corona bench and staying under 80c. I'll post results when I get home.
Hi! How the problem was solved in the ticket 224068?
I didn't have this issue before, I have been using Windows 11 since the first time Ive been using corona and 3dsmax. Please help me :(

Date/Time: 2024-04-14 22:07:08 +03:00
Application: 3dsmax.exe
Error: Access violation - code c0000005 (first/second chance not available)
Crashed Module Name: Corona_Release.dll
Exception Address: 0x00007ffcfff1bdd3
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Flags: 0
Exception Parameters: 0, ffffffffffffffff
@dfcorona got any updates maybe? Totally curious to hear how the 7980x has been treating you.

By the way, I have just noticed that roughly since the start of the year the top of the line 96 core Zen 4 Genoa is being heavily discounted (and other CPUs too). A new 9654 is commonly available at below 6000€ and I even found stores that sell them for 2500€. They used to cost like 10.000€.

I mean it is still a lot of money but we are talking about 96 cores that seemingly go above 3ghz with all cores. These are now basically 50% off.
[Max] I need help! / Re: How do I know if vfb is on or off?
« Last post by SRY on 2024-04-14, 15:31:17 »
Hi Frood , First of all thank you for your reply. I need to be clearer about my intentions, First normalize the maximized VFB window in the rendering state with the shortcut keys,
then stop Render. At first I just wanted to know if the VFB window had been showed, so I can omit a piece of code: CoronaRenderer.CoronaFp.showVfb (true), Unfortunately, my clients' demands have increased further, Hence the next few calls for help! Although I could have done it with this script, it is :windows.sendmessage hwnd WM_SYSCOMMAND SC_RESTORE 0 ,But I can't use the shortcut keys to control the maximized VFB in rendering, Forgive me for being so long-winded.
[Max] I need help! / Corona Layered mtl, Base material transparency
« Last post by sofiks on 2024-04-14, 14:36:56 »
Hi!

I want to visualize bead bracelets(2D array) with different bead colors and materials, but I wouldn't like to create a new array, reflection maps, etc all the time when I want to change a bracelet size. So I created a general array and Corona Layered material which I can use as a 'template' in the future. As a Base material, I just want to create an invisible part. However, I noticed this transparent base material still affects on visible layers of the material (still visible in the refraction for example). Is there any chance to make this base material fully invisible?

On the first screenshot, you can see what a green bead material has to look like, and on the second - how it looks as a layer with a transparent base material

Thanks
[Max] I need help! / Re: mapping help
« Last post by Erich on 2024-04-14, 02:38:28 »
I was able to apply the gold graphic to the bottle using a Corona decal, but am having difficulty getting the white background square behind it. My plan was to use another Corona decal for the background, hoping to remove the displacement effect through the decal properties. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to make that work. Is there a way to do this with corona decals, or is there a another, easier way to do this? I thought this would be a relatively simple thing to do, but all of my efforts have not brought about the intended results. Any help would be appreciated.

If i understand correctly what you want, this should be possible to do with decals. Make sure second decal (the one with white square) has displacement enabled and add to base disabled. That way its displacement will override bottle's displacement and you should have knurling free area where you want.

Like always there are other methods to achieve what you want that does not require usage of decals, but if decals are working for you, i see no reason not to use them.

Thanks Romullus. That helped. Also, I found it it is important to place the decal objects in the right order! The reason I wanted to use Corona Decals is that it provides a very easy and fast way to change out the label or to make changes to the color of the label (and in this case, the background label). I decided to use a black, or no background, instead of the white as I think it shows off the logo and text better. I have attached some images to show this versatility.

But I am curious as to what other methods you would recommend.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10