Author Topic: Basic standalone feature set  (Read 3277 times)

2014-01-06, 17:36:14

tungee

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi my name is Hakan and i'm from Germany...
I'm using Blender now for more than 8 Years....
I use Cycles and Octane for my outdoor scenes, but indoor scenes are a pain to render with them, alltough i have 2 GTX780ti's on my machine...
Randomly i stumbled over corona and used Joel's blender addon for the corona standalone and i was blown away by the the speed and quality of this renderer...
So my question is, will the standalone renderer get some basic* features or will it be used for demonstrations only...?

If it will stay for a demonstrating purposes then it is ok, i would go the vray way.....
I asked similar questions on other threads, i think here is the best place for this...

Best regards!

*lacking Basic features:
-IES-lights
-Corona sky-system

-horizontal rotated camera
-controllable Bokeh shape
-blend material
-control strength of maps and enviroments...

New Coronoid

2014-01-06, 17:58:33
Reply #1

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
I'll work on standalone more when I have the time and I dont have to do features with higher priority. I have no idea when that will be ;)

what do you mean by "horizontal rotated camera"
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-01-06, 18:34:41
Reply #2

tungee

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you for your answer, master ;)
I dont know whether it is a exporter problem, but when i want to render with camera rotation(b) only a will be rendered...
on my list the skysystem is on top...
New Coronoid

2014-01-06, 19:56:52
Reply #3

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
oh, that can be easily done by changing the roll vector
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-01-06, 20:11:10
Reply #4

tungee

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ok i read something about the roll value for the camera; so it is a exporter thing i guess....
New Coronoid

2014-03-11, 18:04:07
Reply #5

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile