Author Topic: Corona Renderer 7 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion  (Read 175726 times)

2020-10-27, 14:54:59
Reply #30

lightmerge

• Active Users
    • View Profile
is caustics solver getting worked on?

2020-11-01, 19:17:06
Reply #31

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Just to note that the 45 days does get "used" no matter which version you install, and once it runs out, it has run out for all versions (older or newer). When a new version comes out (the final release of the new version), the trial does get an extra 14 days to try it out, so you would be able to test Corona 7 for 14 days once it releases.

To be honest at this point in time, there are no major changes between 6 and the 7 daily build, the majority of the new features are not in there yet, so you wouldn't learn any more than during your trial of 6 (which is why we only renew the trial on release of the final, because then there really is new stuff to try out, and in working form too ;) )
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2020-11-09, 17:31:11
Reply #32

Tanakov

• Active Users
  • Corona is faster than diarrhea
    • View Profile
    • https://www.behance.net/Gringott
Hey guys, just checking in to see if we have any news on Scatter improvements.

Cheers.
Using Corona since 2014-01-02
https://www.behance.net/Gringott

2020-11-25, 19:12:58
Reply #33

bluebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Love to see on trello how you guys progress with the new shader and tone mapping. Can't wait to check out the new shader ! Any idea when we can expect a daily with any new functionality ?

2020-11-26, 09:33:52
Reply #34

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Love to see on trello how you guys progress with the new shader and tone mapping. Can't wait to check out the new shader ! Any idea when we can expect a daily with any new functionality ?
We're working on it.. Hopefully soon ;)
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2020-11-26, 11:19:57
Reply #35

scionik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Sounds good, It's a long time for no daily builds

2020-11-27, 01:18:19
Reply #36

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
FYI latest build DR is broken, main pc cannot find rneder nodes it displays message "no sockets could be bound"
after an hour trying to fix my network turned out going back to corona6 hotfix1 solves the issue.

2020-11-27, 08:52:38
Reply #37

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
FYI latest build DR is broken, main pc cannot find rneder nodes it displays message "no sockets could be bound"
after an hour trying to fix my network turned out going back to corona6 hotfix1 solves the issue.
Hi,

We're aware of this one and looking into a fix.

Cheers,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2020-11-28, 10:09:24
Reply #38

scionik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,
Where did I a mistake or where am I wrong? Why is caustics losing brightness depending on the resolution?
please see attached image for more details. thanks

2020-11-30, 14:35:51
Reply #39

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,
Where did I a mistake or where am I wrong? Why is caustics losing brightness depending on the resolution?
Hi,

We are aware of this issue and it is something we would like to improve in the future.

For the time being, you can increase the caustics radius to help with this issue.
To do this you first need to enable the devel/debug mode (Render setup -> System -> System Settings -> Enable devel/debug mode)
And then navigate to the performance tab, where you should now see a new caustics solver rollout with some advanced parameters including radius.

Cheers,

Rowan

(Internal ID=566135445)
Send me your scene!

2020-11-30, 15:13:07
Reply #40

scionik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,
Hi,

We are aware of this issue and it is something we would like to improve in the future.

For the time being, you can increase the caustics radius to help with this issue.
To do this you first need to enable the devel/debug mode (Render setup -> System -> System Settings -> Enable devel/debug mode)
And then navigate to the performance tab, where you should now see a new caustics solver rollout with some advanced parameters including radius.

Cheers,

Rowan

(Internal ID=566135445)

Thanks, but I can't find the  new caustics solver rollout

2020-11-30, 15:17:05
Reply #41

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

I have attached an image of it. Caustics has to be enabled for it to appear also.

Which version of Corona are you using? This rollout was added in the v6 daily builds.

Cheers,

Rowan
« Last Edit: 2020-11-30, 16:56:05 by rowmanns »
Send me your scene!

2020-11-30, 16:39:08
Reply #42

scionik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

I have attached an image of it. Caustics has to be enabled for it to appear also.

Which version of Corona are you using? This rollout was added un the v6 daily builds.

Cheers,

Rowan

Installed the recent build, found it. Thank you very much.

2020-12-02, 00:25:36
Reply #43

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hi guys

iv noticed lately that the IR would refresh on its own without me adjusting anything - if i leave corona to interactively render and then go to my 2nd monitor to browse the web for instance and THEN go back to corona, the interactive starts again.
it also just keeps refreshing and refreshing at times for not reason at all. 

When i have the mouse over the render it stabalises - when i move the mouse OFF the render, it then refreshes.  Weird behavior.

ive tried this both on the latest daily and hotfix 1.  Could it be a windows thing?

EDIT:

worked it out - it was the target of the corona camera.  When i disable it, it doesnt do it anymore.
« Last Edit: 2020-12-02, 02:39:00 by shortcirkuit »

2020-12-02, 00:57:39
Reply #44

Afterglow

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hi guys

iv noticed lately that the IR would refresh on its own without me adjusting anything - if i leave corona to interactively render and then go to my 2nd monitor to browse the web for instance and THEN go back to corona, the interactive starts again.
it also just keeps refreshing and refreshing at times for not reason at all. 

When i have the mouse over the render it stabalises - when i move the mouse OFF the render, it then refreshes.  Weird behavior.

I have this issue sometimes too..  Also, i find with some scenes, when running IR, Max "freezes" for a few seconds every few seconds.