Author Topic: Cinema 4D R19  (Read 5559 times)

2017-08-01, 17:03:37

Shawn Astrom

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Hey guys, NEW Cinema 4D R19 announced!

What are everyone's thoughts on the new release? https://www.maxon.net/en/products/new-in-release-19/overview/

Would love to see Corona take full advantage of the new viewport enhancements. Also hopefully the NEW Media Core will help with faster loading of textures and material previews for Corona for C4D.

- Shawn

2017-08-03, 08:31:45
Reply #1

lenogre

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Corona would be the standard renderer of C4D…

I've seen Standard renderer (not physical) is faster with reflections/transparencies. Good news. Without stacked materials in Corona, I still use standard or physical c4d render.

2017-08-03, 10:30:04
Reply #2

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
R19 looks pretty good to me if you are a motion graphic designer. Lots of cool and interesting stuff for that field. If you are an arch-viz dude / gal then I don't think was a release meant for us. Can't win them all :)

I really like the ProRender integration... At least by what I've seen so far in the promo videos.

The viewport is obviously something else. Since it is integrated and part of C4D I am actually going to call it revolutionary - its looks that good to me.

Unfortunately though I keep hearing that the viewport stuff is totally undocumented which means no 3rd party engine will be able to leverage that. I sure hope that changes with R19 but somehow I think that might not be the case until at least R20 when -supposedly- the new core will be implemented in a major way.

Just my 5 cents :)
Nejc Kilar | chaos-corona.com
Educational Content Creator | contact us

2017-08-23, 13:29:19
Reply #3

kraphik3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
nothing new for archviz

2017-08-23, 18:22:22
Reply #4

Cinemike