Author Topic: vfb size mismatched  (Read 2625 times)

2019-01-23, 22:14:27

Nelaton

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,
i'm using takes system to create 2 scenarii of lighting, and i have also different dimensions for my renders.
This last point raise my question: Would it be possible to make the vfb  taking into account the differences of dimensions between renders?
My first gess is no, as it should have been done if it was possible, but i'm also perhaps wrong.

Regards,
Nelaton

2019-01-24, 08:54:27
Reply #1

Nelaton

• Active Users
    • View Profile
i just found a workaround: rerendering same size as the renders 'missmatched' makes them reappear in the vfb.
Not that convenient, but it work.

Cheers,
Nelaton

2019-01-24, 09:26:16
Reply #2

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
Hi Nelaton,

I am not sure what you mean by "taking into account the differences of dimensions between renders"?

2019-01-25, 14:14:54
Reply #3

Nelaton

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey Houska,
Thanks for your message.
 I attached an image where you can see a difference of size in my renders causing the vfb not displaying
the renders that are before the last one. As told, i use takes with different dimensions renders.

Often, my workflow is to get all my renders done in the vfb over night, then i just copy paste from the vfb to photoshop the 'lightmixes'
i get for all my renders. So in short, i make extensive use of the vfb.

If i was using the corona image frame buffer, save options are good, but it is longer for me than copy to clipboard,
what appears in the vfb.
 (And i'm aware, with this copy workflow, that i loose all the info of a save in exr or tiffs 16 bits, but this
is not a problem  for me, in a majority of cases).

Cheers,
Nelaton

2019-01-25, 18:11:49
Reply #4

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
It seems that they are not displaying because you are in the comparison mode (A - B). Of course, you cannot compare pictures with different resolution. If you click the "A" picture again, you should exit the comparison mode and everything should work fine for you.

Edit: alternatively, you can click the "Clear A/B" button.

2019-01-25, 20:04:47
Reply #5

Nelaton

• Active Users
    • View Profile
No, i ran a quick test, and the mismatched still appears,in the corona vfb. See attached image.

I did not run the test  with render passes. But i see there are no size problem displaying in the c4d picture viewer, only in the corona one.
So CTL+C command in the corona vfb will only work for the render displaying in the corona vfb. It is to say the last render, if the size of renders differs.

Cheers,

Nelaton
« Last Edit: 2019-01-27, 08:49:07 by Nelaton »

2019-01-25, 20:32:52
Reply #6

Nelaton

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I just tested with lightmix activated + some render elements. Same Missmatched in corona frame buffer;

Thing is, as said, there are no problem with the c4d frame buffer displaying correct dimensions in its history file.

One thing not working thow in the c4d frame buffer, is the copy command from this frame buffer to photoshop, it seems to retain darker info when copy pasting
the render (might it be lightmix pass ) in photoshop (see my attached file).

Ctl+c in corona frame buffer would copy the render without problem, in photoshop, but history file is doing this mismatched thing.

Regards,
Nelaton

2019-01-25, 20:37:45
Reply #7

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
This isn't a C4D thing though, Max does the same - when image aspect ratios are different, the VFB shows this (as you can't AB comparison it). You can still use "Save selected element of this snapshot to disk" in Max (but that doesn't save LightMix, just the one currently selected render element).

So, most likely this would involve changes in the core rather than in the C4D version if anything was to change.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2019-01-25, 20:47:12
Reply #8

Nelaton

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for the info, Tom,

On your point:'You can still use "Save selected element of this snapshot to disk" in Max (but that doesn't save LightMix'

Things can be sum up as this:

1- corona frame buffer can copy paste Light mix pass (not the LM as a.cxr will do)  with no problem (keeping 8 bit data in clipboard), but this will imply this mismatched of dimension
showing up.

2-C4d frame buffer cannot copy paste light mix resulting image or any render elements without color change, but they are no missmatched beetween renders.

What about color differences beetween c4d frame buffer and photoshop, is this something that could be fixed?

Cheers,

Nelaton
« Last Edit: 2019-01-25, 20:53:08 by Nelaton »

2019-01-26, 10:30:12
Reply #9

Nelaton

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Erratum: I think i made a mistake as i note that the Light mix of renders appearing  in the corona frame buffer after they have been finished, can't be twicked in the corona frame buffer.

Meanwhile, this is the purpose of the CIE.

My next question would be, is it possible to insert a Ctl+C (to clipboard) button in the Corona Image Editor (same as what
exist in the corona vfb)?

On the other hand, i don't get why ctl+c options of the C4D Picture Viewer do not permit to save the same color infos as the render appearing.
And i'll be glad to have an answer on this subject too.

Regards,

Nelaton
« Last Edit: 2019-01-26, 10:48:35 by Nelaton »