Author Topic: Exclude object from lights / corona material converter  (Read 6666 times)

2017-07-08, 07:37:36

Nelaton

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello,

I have 3 questions :

1- How would you make the Sun active when placing a polygon backplate just outside a windows  room, for instance: I don't find the way to exclude this backplate so that the sun rays will hit the floor of the room.
The backplate occlude the effect of the sun.
Placing an alpha on it or moving it back can make the trick. But would i possible to make the sun effects goes through it, not having to change the initial position or puting an opacity mask?

2- This one have been probably discussed, but i cannot find a mention of it in your features thread or on the road map:
Do you plan to implement a fast material converter (standard c4d mats /vray/octane etc..). The external plug proposed is very good, in the extent that it does converts well materials but very slow at creating mats preview.
And this time issue can be problematic for large scenes conversions.

2-this is more a wish: Using the take system, which works very good, i noticed that when creating a new group take, the group tag function ('plus' icon) works for the 'texture' option/'display' option etc. which are not properly only c4d specific. On the other hand, the compositing option is c4d specific and it add a special 'take tag', but with the composting option of c4d.
Do you plan to implements those features (corona specific takes tag, and hence, corona compositing specific takes tag)?

Thanks in advance + congrats for everything you've done so far.
Nelaton
« Last Edit: 2017-07-09, 23:31:41 by Nelaton »

2017-07-10, 11:05:35
Reply #1

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
1.) Use a RaySwitcher material and set it so that the backplate material is only visible when looking directly at it. Sun will be able to go though, because you're "looking" at the sun through the backplate only indirectly, when the light bounces off a surface. I'm sure there'll be a tutorial for this somewhere.
2.) Yes, it will probably be done, but at later stages in the development. We actually mentioned a few converters there, but not VRay or Octane.
3.) As far as I know, this is not being planned. Can you tell us your specific use case? If it's something that cannot be achieved otherwise, we'll consider it.

2017-07-10, 12:06:39
Reply #2

Ventilo_01

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks Houska.
1- I did not know your method. I'll try this and let you know if ok.
2- your mentionning few converters, i only got one 'corona tools'. If it exist another, can
you point me their links.
3- This is more optional and for the convenience of the creation of  take groups.

2017-07-10, 17:51:32
Reply #3

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile

2017-07-10, 19:13:22
Reply #4

Nelaton

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks a lot Houska. The method of the ray switch works great
Now i got another question regarding .Cxr, but i will create another subject.

« Last Edit: 2017-07-11, 18:58:32 by Nelaton »

2017-07-11, 19:00:37
Reply #5

Nelaton

• Active Users
    • View Profile
One remark: I noticed the ray switch material method works, but this kind of material does not recognise alpha (placed in the original mat).

2017-07-12, 10:30:31
Reply #6

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
One remark: I noticed the ray switch material method works, but this kind of material does not recognise alpha (placed in the original mat).

Could you elaborate? You mean the backdrop seems like a fully-opaque geometry even though it has alpha?

2017-07-12, 12:18:05
Reply #7

Ventilo_01

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Well the backplate disappear as soon as i have put an opacity mask on the original mat. (only on slot (directly visible contains the origin mat.

In my test, i did not put this mat (in which you got the opacity map ticked) on the reflexion  and refraction slot of the Rayswitcher mat.
This might be the problem.

2017-07-12, 12:50:28
Reply #8

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile

2017-07-14, 09:37:01
Reply #9

Nelaton

• Active Users
    • View Profile
OK, sorry,  my mistake.. I reproduced the render with a correct alpha map.
I did badly mapped it before this new attempt, and the alpha was not showing.

(Attached is a free sample scene, showing that this work)

Cheers,

Nelaton
« Last Edit: 2017-07-14, 10:12:28 by Nelaton »