Author Topic: Corona Renderer 6 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion  (Read 130522 times)

2020-05-15, 12:54:05
Reply #240

Rhodesy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Corona Colour Correct bug?

Not sure if anyone else has raised this but with the April 28th version at least, Ive noticed there is an issue with the color correct node. Sorry for the tiny examples from this logo, I'm being lazy and taking the brightness out of it to lower the albedo (albedo pass shown). Corona colour correct doesnt bring the white down at all - just the rest of the image. Max colour correction brings everything down and fixes the albedo. Pretty sure this is a bug? I've had it on a few materials so just used the max one as a fix. Thanks

2020-05-17, 21:35:22
Reply #241

Bormax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi
Working with curtain material faced the issue caused by interaction of Corona Sun, RaySwitchMtl and reflectiveness of wall material. Please, check attached .max file and screenshots
Max 2014, Build 14-05-2020

2020-05-18, 10:40:49
Reply #242

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Hi
Working with curtain material faced the issue caused by interaction of Corona Sun, RaySwitchMtl and reflectiveness of wall material. Please, check attached .max file and screenshots
Max 2014, Build 14-05-2020

This is one of the known limitations. Please see "light transport issues" here: https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000516180
We would love to fix this, however it would require heavy modification to how Corona works.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2020-05-18, 10:55:19
Reply #243

Bormax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
This is one of the known limitations. Please see "light transport issues" here: https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000516180
We would love to fix this, however it would require heavy modification to how Corona works.

Thanks Maru

2020-05-18, 17:14:11
Reply #244

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Corona Colour Correct bug?

Not sure if anyone else has raised this but with the April 28th version at least, Ive noticed there is an issue with the color correct node. Sorry for the tiny examples from this logo, I'm being lazy and taking the brightness out of it to lower the albedo (albedo pass shown). Corona colour correct doesnt bring the white down at all - just the rest of the image. Max colour correction brings everything down and fixes the albedo. Pretty sure this is a bug? I've had it on a few materials so just used the max one as a fix. Thanks

Corona's Color Correct map works very different than the 3ds Max Color Correction map. Corona's Color Correct works the same way as Photoshop (or at least very similar).
If you want to get the same brightness adjustment as in 3ds Max Color Correction without using this map type, you can just load your bitmap, scroll down to the Output rollout and adjust the RGB Offset.

This isn't something related to the daily builds, it's the same in V5 and it's always been like that.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2020-05-18, 17:21:27
Reply #245

Rhodesy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ah right thanks for the info maru. I've not noticed it before. Cheers

2020-05-19, 11:30:00
Reply #246

ArchSpideR

• Active Users
    • View Profile
daily 05.14
curtain material from "daily 28.04", a scene made in it. Opening in the material editor, there is a crash 3d max

2020-05-19, 11:33:20
Reply #247

ArchSpideR

• Active Users
    • View Profile
if you open a new scene, the curtain material is not buggy

2020-05-19, 11:36:38
Reply #248

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
daily 05.14
curtain material from "daily 28.04", a scene made in it. Opening in the material editor, there is a crash 3d max
Hi,

Please can you provide the scene? Or at the very least a screenshot of the material setup?

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2020-05-19, 12:16:06
Reply #249

ArchSpideR

• Active Users
    • View Profile
where to send it?
https://yadi.sk/d/SBqCWZK_CDXrHw

opening the scene. opening material editor. crash
« Last Edit: 2020-05-19, 12:21:16 by ArchSpideR »

2020-05-19, 13:41:29
Reply #250

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
where to send it?
https://yadi.sk/d/SBqCWZK_CDXrHw

opening the scene. opening material editor. crash

Hi,

Thank you, we'll take a look.

Rowan

(Internal ID=508439943)
Send me your scene!

2020-05-19, 14:21:24
Reply #251

shoebu23

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Layered Material Bug!

Nice work guys on Corona 6!  Found a problem- in layered materials, using a bitmap in the opacity slot on the base material... renders as black, not transparent (think complicated product labels).

2020-05-20, 22:15:52
Reply #252

vansan

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm trying to rewrite a script, that connects CoronaBitmap HDRI image with rotation parameter of DomeLight,
so I put CoronaBitmap inside CoronaUvwRandomizer map (primitive mode) and using same U_to and U_from parameters to rotate it.
It reflects changes in preview window, but no changes in interactive render.
Can this be fixed?
I just can't wire point3 (CoronaBitmap's U_Offset) and float value (DomeLight rotation) parameters.
I put script in attachment.
« Last Edit: 2020-05-20, 22:29:23 by vansan »

2020-05-21, 09:38:34
Reply #253

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm trying to rewrite a script, that connects CoronaBitmap HDRI image with rotation parameter of DomeLight,
so I put CoronaBitmap inside CoronaUvwRandomizer map (primitive mode) and using same U_to and U_from parameters to rotate it.
It reflects changes in preview window, but no changes in interactive render.
Can this be fixed?
I just can't wire point3 (CoronaBitmap's U_Offset) and float value (DomeLight rotation) parameters.
I put script in attachment.

Layered Material Bug!

Nice work guys on Corona 6!  Found a problem- in layered materials, using a bitmap in the opacity slot on the base material... renders as black, not transparent (think complicated product labels).

Hi Guys,

As a rule, please only post issues related to the daily builds in this thread. The I need help and Bug Reporting sections of the forums should be used for more general queries. Please also read How to report issues to us! before reporting bugs as it will give you an idea of what information we need.

Thanks,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2020-05-21, 16:23:16
Reply #254

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
WOW! Looking forward to testing this thing
UVW tiling randomization - prevents visual patterns from repeated tiling

Here are some initial results, but keep in mind this is still a work in progress:
https://corona-renderer.com/comparer/ziomkZ
https://corona-renderer.com/comparer/xUfops

It works with procedural maps too, so you can for example randomize a directional noise or gradients.

Awesome! Nice surprise