Author Topic: VFB refresh  (Read 1828 times)

2023-10-25, 12:03:01

masterzone

• Active Users
  • CGI Generalist since 1998
    • View Profile
    • ZuccherodiKanna
Hello to all, I noticed on some scene that if I click onto an object on the object manager, Corona refreshes the VFB. This happen when I click into a tag, object name, material icon without make a real action.
On some scene it doesn't happens...and I can click everywhere without see the VFB refreshing...

It is there a special situation that Corona doesn't refresh the VFB?

| www.c4dzone.com
| Italian Maxon Training Center
| www.zuccherodikanna.com
| Italian based CGI Studio

2023-10-25, 12:14:49
Reply #1

Beanzvision

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Bengamin
    • View Profile
    • Cormats
Hi there, this shouldn't happening. What version are you using?
Bengamin Jerrems l
Portfolio l Click me!

2023-10-25, 12:18:16
Reply #2

masterzone

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • ZuccherodiKanna
latest release of C4D and Corona 10.
This behavior happens since previously release...but happens only on certain situation...during our workflow initially it doesn't happen but after some actions, as materials creation and finalizing it starts to refresh the vfb each time I click into objects, tag, and so on.
This happen on all my computer here...only curiosity..

EDIT: look the video: www.c4dzone.com/clienti/vfb.mp4
« Last Edit: 2023-10-25, 12:22:17 by masterzone »
| www.c4dzone.com

2023-10-25, 13:42:37
Reply #3

Beanzvision

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Bengamin
    • View Profile
    • Cormats
Thanks for the info. Can you also test the latest V11 daily to see if it's happening with that as well? I see you're using a mac so I'd be interested if it only happens with them.
Bengamin Jerrems l
Portfolio l Click me!

2023-10-27, 15:54:40
Reply #4

masterzone

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • ZuccherodiKanna
Hi Ben, unfortunately I can't try the Corona11 due to a workin progress jobs. I seen this behavior on Corona Render 9 too...
| www.c4dzone.com

2023-11-02, 15:04:20
Reply #5

Stefan-L

• Active Users
    • View Profile
i have sone similar but with post effects in many of my scenes, i use the latest daily 11.

i change white balance or highlight compress or any of the post effects and IPR refreshes the render, which i think should not be as these are post effects. it is very annoying for work.

i reported that back in v9, also sent a scene at that time. but it is still there. in many not all scenes (in simpler it is not)

2023-11-02, 17:25:25
Reply #6

Beanzvision

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Bengamin
    • View Profile
    • Cormats
i have sone similar but with post effects in many of my scenes, i use the latest daily 11.

i change white balance or highlight compress or any of the post effects and IPR refreshes the render, which i think should not be as these are post effects. it is very annoying for work.

i reported that back in v9, also sent a scene at that time. but it is still there. in many not all scenes (in simpler it is not)

Hi Stefan, thanks for bringing it up again. I will have a search for your report. :)
Bengamin Jerrems l
Portfolio l Click me!

2023-11-02, 17:37:53
Reply #7

masterzone

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • ZuccherodiKanna
I think the behavior is here from release 7 or 8 of corona render. Maybe some objects or settings in the scene that continue to refresh the VFB. Usually during my workflow I start with clay render and doesn't appears but after the clay workflow and starting to create textures and materials it starts to continuously refresh the VFB....
| www.c4dzone.com

2023-11-02, 18:39:54
Reply #8

Stefan-L

• Active Users
    • View Profile
"Usually during my workflow I start with clay render and doesn't appears but after the clay workflow and starting to create textures and materials it starts to continuously refresh the VFB....
"

yes same here

2023-11-03, 14:48:56
Reply #9

Beanzvision

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Bengamin
    • View Profile
    • Cormats
If this is reproducible time and time again, can you please share a test scene for us so we can try and reproduce it here? :)
Bengamin Jerrems l
Portfolio l Click me!

2023-11-04, 23:29:17
Reply #10

Stefan-L

• Active Users
    • View Profile
i sent a very big v9 scene that time, the current i cannot give, they are yet under nda.

what i also wonder and this is in any scene, i am sure also yours, if i change only a color or setting of a material, corona refreshes the IPR, starting with "preparing geometry"- why?
I think ideal would be the ipr refreshes only the material not the full geometry on those cases.

2023-11-17, 14:40:39
Reply #11

Beanzvision

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Bengamin
    • View Profile
    • Cormats
Is this still happening in V11?
Bengamin Jerrems l
Portfolio l Click me!

2023-11-17, 16:57:57
Reply #12

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
"corona refreshes the IPR, starting with "preparing geometry"- why?"

This can depend on, say, what flag the DCC gives us. Sometimes it just says "Hey! There's been a change." but doesn't say what changed, meaning to be safe Corona has to redo everything. Don't know if that is what is happening here, but just to answer the question on why / how this can come up.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2023-11-18, 19:33:50
Reply #13

Stefan-L

• Active Users
    • View Profile
well, yes i know that so far, but in other engines in c4d it seems to work with material changes, like octane p.e is pretty good in that. there material changes almost never trigger a full refresh.
I'm not sure if they do something totally different, but as it also uses c4d "sdk based" materials and c4d mapping data, i think it might be possible for Corona too.