Author Topic: Ghost windows  (Read 871 times)

2022-11-04, 14:02:29

carotini

• Users
    • View Profile
Hello everybody!

I'm having two different issues on windows 11 that I didn't have before.

The first is about ghost windows that appear after rendering is complete and when I turn off the monitor. When resuming work, corona and material editor windows are marked on the screen and only disappear when the system is restarted. Even restarting explorer.exe does not resolve the issue.

The second problem is that after updating windows yesterday (11/03/2022) the Chaos Group license CMD windows no longer close automatically when restarting windows. They need to be closed manually.

Can anyone help me with these two problems? Has anyone ever experienced this?

2022-11-04, 16:08:28
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
I am not sure about the transparent windows - this looks like some kind of graphics driver glitch. Is it possible that you updated your GPU drivers and put your PC to sleep/turned off monitor without restarting the system? If that's the case, restarting the PC might resolve this issue.

The issue with two CMD windows appearing at system startup - this is acknowledged by our developers and started appearing after one of Windows 11 updates. Currently the only workaround is to uninstall Chaos License Server version 6 and install the older 5.5.5 version ("show all versions" here - https://download.chaos.com/?platform=47&product=48).
To get the proper solution, we will need to either wait for our developers to fix this on our side, or for Microsoft to release a new update, but unfortunately I do not have any specific dates right now.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us