Author Topic: Animate Simple Exposure Value  (Read 4169 times)

2023-10-01, 14:25:31
Reply #15

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Could you open a new thread for RT/IV issue and post a simple scene, video, describing steps to reproduce, full specs... showing, exposing the bug.
IIRC, there was such a bug some time ago, but for now (v10.1) runs well...

Although during more intensive, complex workflow, C4D can and occasionally IR/IV does stall (can't keep up and doesn't refresh) as it seems it's still highly sensitive to hierarchical order when generative processing and procedural/ key-framed animations are involved. But then, on 2nd action IR/IV responds again. (?)

2023-10-03, 10:50:31
Reply #16

quatrosolo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I am not referring to IR rendering. This can actually work with the photographic exposure just fine even in IR.
It is just a minor inconvenience that if you are using this workflow then if you want to adjust the exposure in a normal rendering you need to disable photographic enable regular and change it. Anyway there is not need of any bug to be reproduced, keyframing simple exposure cannot happen the program does not let you do that.

Ultimately, the problem for me with using iso is that when I want some of my images to include DOF I need to adjust the aperture and then compensate with shutter speed, you can do it of course it is just not so easy as a simple exposure value regardless of the aperture value.

Anyway, I hope it will be addressed in the future. I see no reason to continue this thread tbh.
It is honestly a very simple functionality.
Best regards,