Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Tutorials & Guides

HOWTO: Create Texture Maps with Frequency Separation

<< < (2/2)

romullus:

--- Quote from: actrask on 2019-05-16, 16:56:47 ---Does this spreadsheet exist somewhere else? The link is broken

--- End quote ---

You don't have to use this converter with Corona anymore. Just switch to corona colour picker in 3ds max and you will be able to read and enter photoshop values directly.

arqrenderz:
All this photoshop actions can be scripted? i have try but photoshop cant use actions if the layers have another name, Anyone with some experience can shed some light on how it can be done? Thx!

RikyWalls:

--- Quote from: dubcat on 2015-07-04, 23:03:30 ---
--- Quote from: romullus on 2015-07-04, 20:41:07 ---Hi dubcat, curious if your converter could be placed online, to google spreadsheets for example? I don't have excel nor open office calc, but i'd like to have access to simple converter like yours. I found one converter online, but it's quite cumbersome to use.

--- End quote ---
Here you go, Google Spreadsheet

--- End quote ---

Really interesting! Thank you for sharing your knowledge!
I was googling about the use of frequency separation for make tileable textures and I find this interesting post...I'm tring to implement
on normal map too...The bad thing is that in photoshop cloning in noth possible between layers..and that's where frequency separation is useful using high and low layer. Have you ever try this for make tilable textures with this technique?

romullus:
If you want simultaneous cloning on multiple layers, then you should give a try to Affinity Photo.

RikyWalls:

--- Quote from: romullus on 2020-12-02, 14:31:54 ---If you want simultaneous cloning on multiple layers, then you should give a try to Affinity Photo.

--- End quote ---

Thank you for your suggestion. I already use affinity, for cloning multiple layers, the thing about frequncy separation is that is less distructive then just cloning. (cloning produce halos)
With frequncy separation halos are almost no visible. (n.b. I'm working on high resolution maps)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version