Chaos Corona for Cinema 4D > [C4D] Bug Reporting

Intel denoiser - visible seam

(1/3) > >>

lollolo:
Hi

I'm not sure if you are aware of this issue, I don't even know if this is a corona thing or a limitation of the denoiser.
I noticed last summer already, that Intel denoiser leaves a visible seam in the middle of the image. (to be more precise, a few pixels to the right, see example)

To give you some information: I rendered the image two times.
At 3240 X 2160 gives the result I expect. When I try it with something higher than that, then I get always a visible seam. Happens in all scenes, every time.

Version: 7.0 daily Jan 22 2021
Cinema version: R20.059 CINEMA 4D Studio
Win 10

Thanks for bug hunting :)

TomG:
Not seeing that happening here, same daily, using R23.

Are you perhaps running out of RAM? How much do you have, is there a low memory warning, are you rendering any MultiPass elements (e.g. LightMix, or others)? May be best if you send in a scene where it is happening for you, so we can be sure to be testing the same scenario.

Also, what happens if you use the Corona denoiser instead?

TomG:
I rendered at 19506 x 13000 to make it run low on RAM during Intel Denoising, but still no seam.

lollolo:
Thank you for your reply.

I don't think it is a RAM issue, I don't get a warning, and I'm not running out of RAM. (around 50 GB not used)
Corona and NVIDIA denoiser are working fine, only Intel denoiser is affected by this issue. Multipass isn't activated in this scene.

Can you check it on R20 as well? Or could it be that something Intel denoiser needs  isn't updated correctly on my system? Is there a way to check this?

Successfully uploaded as 1613032026_Issue-IntelD.zip

mmarcotic:
Hello,

not in your scene and not in any of mine i get this intel line, not even in R20..

Can't really say what's the cause from here, sorry.

Thanks,
Jan

PS:I'll ask around if someone knows within the company

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version