Author Topic: Corona Lightmix annoying problem  (Read 4218 times)

2020-01-30, 11:55:44

Domusdigital

• Users
    • View Profile
Hello,

I would like to get an answer to a problem that is wasting us a lot of time.
After putting our Corona lights, we make a lightmix.
We configure each light to obtain the image we want.
But the problem is that as soon as we add a new light and start the lightmix again, all our settings are lost.

But the problem does not stop there. Because we can save the lightmix. But even when loading the save, the settings for each light do not return normally.
For example, a light with an intensity of 7.4 will return (with save) with another intensity, and it will be the same for all others lights.

Is it possible to get a quick fix or an update for Corona 5 because it is really very frustrating for our project, and a big waste of time.

Thank you!

Julian

2020-01-30, 14:45:03
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi!

This should only happen if you regenerate the LightMix using the automatic settings (which recalculates everything for all lights in the scene) - if you have just added one or two lights, adding those manually would be easy to do and should avoid all the settings being reset. We're still choosing what the best behavior is here - I admit I was surprised to find that after adding only a few lights, people were regenerating the LightMix using the auto settings, or that people were using LightMix to adjust colors before adding a lot of extra lights (where manual set up wouldn't make much sense, but I was surprised people were not waiting for all the lighting to be in the scene before making tweaks) - so, as we find out how people are using it "for real", we're looking into the preferred behavior in such cases.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2020-01-30, 15:22:51
Reply #2

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
This is a priority bugfix for V6.
Currently the best solution (or rather workaround) may be switching back to V4, where this shouldn't be happening. Sorry for this.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2020-11-24, 02:50:39
Reply #3

jiang123

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi,When will this problem be modified? 

2020-11-25, 02:48:47
Reply #4

Hinson

• Users
    • View Profile
This is a priority bugfix for V6.
Currently the best solution (or rather workaround) may be switching back to V4, where this shouldn't be happening. Sorry for this.
Hi,When will this problem be modified?

2020-11-25, 17:54:12
Reply #5

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
I will find out what are our exact plans regarding this and will share the information here.

(Internal ID=421815413)

2020-11-26, 11:09:00
Reply #6

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
At this moment there is no specific timeframe when we can expect the fix yet, but I would like to assure you that we are aware of the issue and we understand that it is problematic for many users.