Author Topic: Beautiful Computer Generated Images I. - Giant Simplicity  (Read 19432 times)

2017-03-15, 13:40:17

JakubCech

• Active Users
  • jakubcech.net
    • View Profile
    • jakubcech
So guys here is the first project from the collection :) Below is the description, on the Behance there are also models to download and high-res pictures.

Beautiful Computer Generated Images is a collection of Seven projects, collection of seven Manifests, where every piece is an intersection of Technology and Art. It depicts imaginary places, imaginary objects where every element is arranged to create beautiful Composition and where photorealistic simulations are enriched and elevated by Custom color mapping to craft a piece formed by true Art.
Manifests purpose is to show what I truly consider beautiful, what I am passionate about and what I love. Showing passion in CGI, passion in Composition, passion in Simplicity, Light, custom Colors, passion in bending image within a Purpose, in adjusting piece with an Abstract elements, all elevated by Custom Color Mapping to form something Unseen, something New and very Artistic.
Projects have been developed for 8 months, working solely on the projects, between 2016 and 2017 and are periodically released every three weeks. After all seven have been released, there is going to be a book stitching all the pieces together.

Everything is custom made - from scratch - models, materials.
I welcome to watch the first one.

I. Giant Simplicity
Giant Simplicity is an imaginary living space consisting of three spaces where attention is driven on each elements beauty. It depicts Passion in contrast between Giant, yet Simple. Passion in contrast between materials Rose Gold and Marble. Passion in contrast between simple Rectangular shapes and simple Circular shapes. All images make together whole piece.
Project has been rendered in beautiful Corona rendering engine. Modeling was done in 3Ds Max and sofa in Marvelous Designer, edges deformation with DeformEdges script. Models to download at the bottom. Marble island and bath have both real sub-surface scattering.
Inspiration credits: Chapel street by Cyarchitects, Menu Design, The Watermark Collection, Jon W. Benedict, Living Divani.

Upcoming Manifest - III. Above Wood - 26.4.2017

Models do download

« Last Edit: 2017-04-05, 13:17:44 by JakubCech »

2017-03-15, 13:43:20
Reply #1

JacopoGrosso

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • jacopogrosso.com
Light is so natural, fantastic materials, congrats!!

2017-03-15, 18:02:28
Reply #2

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Your renders are extremely close to photography. Also very pleasant to look at.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2017-03-15, 20:08:55
Reply #3

Icodyne

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Simply lovely. I'm working hard to reach this level.
Please view my portfolio:
http://www.digitalvisualization.net

2017-03-16, 01:18:57
Reply #4

agentdark45

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Stunning! I would have never guessed these were CGI.

Would you be ok to post up some material settings for the marble? The sub surface scattering looks incredible!
Vray who?

2017-03-16, 09:17:15
Reply #5

minimaldesign - Blaž

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • minimaldesign
this is pure minimal...love it! :))

2017-03-16, 11:12:58
Reply #6

JakubCech

• Active Users
  • jakubcech.net
    • View Profile
    • jakubcech
Guys thank you so so much for great words :) pleasure.

Stunning! I would have never guessed these were CGI.

Would you be ok to post up some material settings for the marble? The sub surface scattering looks incredible!
sure, have a look at attached pictures - you should be fine with these. I usually use composite alot so the structure looks much more complicated than it actually is. Usually I put a map in composite and then I multiply it with CoronaAO - but I do not reccomend plugging maps inside CoronaAO (like I did) if you are in the reflection or refraction nodes - this is going to kill your render time.

2017-03-16, 11:19:41
Reply #7

CiroC

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Do you find better to use refraction instead of the translucency? Just curious about that part.
Good work no doubt

2017-03-16, 11:23:15
Reply #8

Tanakov

• Active Users
  • Corona is faster than diarrhea
    • View Profile
    • https://www.behance.net/Gringott
Good work, I think you overuse word passion a bit, but overaly really nice work I like how you add the story to this images.

First image BG looks wierd, but overal 10/10
Using Corona since 2014-01-02
https://www.behance.net/Gringott

2017-03-16, 12:07:13
Reply #9

JakubCech

• Active Users
  • jakubcech.net
    • View Profile
    • jakubcech
Do you find better to use refraction instead of the translucency? Just curious about that part.
Good work no doubt

Thank you CiroC. Regarding refraction - I honestly do not remember, images were created quite long time ago. But I am sure I experimented with both and set on refraction because of something haha!

Good work, I think you overuse word passion a bit, but overaly really nice work I like how you add the story to this images.
First image BG looks wierd, but overal 10/10

Thank you Tanakov a lot. And thank you for suggestions - I absolutely agree. BG is wierd yes. Regarding "passion" word repeating, I am aware of it. I found really hard time writing the description so that it would express what I wanted, will re-think about that part - EDIT - adjusted.
« Last Edit: 2017-03-16, 12:58:39 by JakubCech »

2017-03-16, 14:16:41
Reply #10

Yura Khlop

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2017-03-16, 14:29:04
Reply #11

gmsvision

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile

2017-03-16, 18:02:07
Reply #12

agentdark45

• Active Users
    • View Profile
sure, have a look at attached pictures - you should be fine with these. I usually use composite alot so the structure looks much more complicated than it actually is. Usually I put a map in composite and then I multiply it with CoronaAO - but I do not reccomend plugging maps inside CoronaAO (like I did) if you are in the reflection or refraction nodes - this is going to kill your render time.

Wow, quite possibly the most complex marble material setup I've ever seen. Thanks for posting it up though, cool to see your approach.
Vray who?

2017-03-16, 19:35:18
Reply #13

zuliban

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2017-03-17, 10:10:47
Reply #14

JakubCech

• Active Users
  • jakubcech.net
    • View Profile
    • jakubcech
Thank you guys for all the compliments! wow :)
agentdark45 - but its mostly because of multiple nodes in composite - like screen, color, multiply, so ist like photoshop in 3ds max, its not really that comlex :) Thank you.
zuliban - thank you so much for your appreciation.
« Last Edit: 2017-03-17, 12:13:06 by JakubCech »