Author Topic: A question for the Corona Dev team.  (Read 410 times)

2024-04-06, 20:46:56

Alex Abarca

• Active Users
  • Corona Certified Instructor
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
I am just wondering why a scattering system was created if there are robust scattering systems on the market?

2024-04-08, 10:52:33
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
If you know free scattering plugin for 3ds Max that is as capable as Chaos scatter and is well integrated to work flawlessly with Corona, then please let me know, i would dearly want to try it. Otherwise i find your question pointless, you may as well ask why Corona itself was created when there was plenty of established renderers on the market already.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2024-04-08, 12:38:18
Reply #2

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
I've argue that most of those systems became (i)too robust, becoming too complicated for many users (myself included). Streamlined alternative fits with the Corona's philosophy.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2024-04-08, 14:15:14
Reply #3

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Yep, combine those two answers and there you go :) It was aimed to be a streamlined subset of scattering type functionality, crafted for what would be useful in setting up archviz scenes, that did not require any additional purchase, where we have the control to ensure it always works with Corona (and V-Ray now of course) as both the Scatter and the render engine(s) update.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2024-04-08, 18:43:35
Reply #4

CharlyRT

• Active Users
    • View Profile
If you know free scattering plugin for 3ds Max that is as capable as Chaos scatter and is well integrated to work flawlessly with Corona, then please let me know, i would dearly want to try it. Otherwise i find your question pointless, you may as well ask why Corona itself was created when there was plenty of established renderers on the market already.

Have you  tried SiNi Scatter?
Its really competent for a free alternative, it has more tools than Chaos scatter, at least right now (painter, color/texture variation, etc) combined with forestlite its a really good combo
Havent use with Corona but it works really well with Vray
I also believe that Chaos Scatter its needed, with that you dont depend in other software to do the job and you dont need to wait when its an update
« Last Edit: 2024-04-08, 19:17:10 by CharlyRT »

2024-04-08, 20:17:55
Reply #5

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Have you  tried SiNi Scatter?

No i didn't, but i think it's not free, right? I saw it has few very interesting features, which i really would love to see in Chaos scatter though.

2024-04-09, 03:27:18
Reply #6

CharlyRT

• Active Users
    • View Profile
No i didn't, but i think it's not free, right? I saw it has few very interesting features, which i really would love to see in Chaos scatter though.

I thought the same but, Its completely free, at least for now, you only need to create an account and thats it.
I use SiNi Forensic a lot, and someday I click on Scatter thinking that it was a script from Soulburn or another collection and there was it.

2024-04-09, 09:56:31
Reply #7

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
That's good to know. I should probably visit their page and see if there's some interesting improvements, last time i check Sini scatter was probably 2 or 3 years ago. Never gave it a try though, so far Chaos scatter covers most if not all of my needs.

2024-04-09, 22:48:21
Reply #8

Alex Abarca

• Active Users
  • Corona Certified Instructor
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
Is this the reason these scattering competitors slow down the IR process?