Author Topic: just starting playing with corona render  (Read 6840 times)

2014-10-28, 00:07:29

arti

• Active Users
    • View Profile
and here the first test i made
on 1 frame it looks not bad using displacement map from corona
but when I render a animation the displacement map just noising bumping arround :(

www.dreammotion.com
« Last Edit: 2014-10-28, 00:12:04 by arti »

2014-10-28, 07:33:49
Reply #1

rampally

• Active Users
    • View Profile
show your animation...Please

2014-10-28, 12:53:22
Reply #2

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
and here the first test i made
on 1 frame it looks not bad using displacement map from corona
but when I render a animation the displacement map just noising bumping arround :(
Did you use procedural textures for displacement by any chance?
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2014-10-28, 15:07:12
Reply #3

arti

• Active Users
    • View Profile
@romullus i used the material coronaMtl (displacement option with a normal jpg picture) min level 0.24 and max level 18.766

@rampally I will upload the animation in few hours when i am back home

2014-10-28, 19:09:00
Reply #4

arti

• Active Users
    • View Profile
here is the example video

2014-10-28, 23:34:00
Reply #5

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
my guess is that you need to switch the displacement from pixel size to world size (in main render settings)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-10-30, 08:45:07
Reply #6

arti

• Active Users
    • View Profile
my guess is that you need to switch the displacement from pixel size to world size (in main render settings)

@Keymaster i switched yesterday the displacement from pixel size to world size and gived a try again but this time 3ds max crashed with out of memory
and i have 64 GB installed memory on my computer

2014-10-30, 14:05:08
Reply #7

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
in that case you need also to increase the spinner next to it. You might lose details in the displacement, but it is currently the best shot at solving the problem
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-10-30, 22:18:12
Reply #8

arti

• Active Users
    • View Profile

it seems to work
İ will post the animation later when the render is done
İt take's a bit longer but still Fast

2014-11-02, 03:20:32
Reply #9

abubaker

• Active Users
    • View Profile
trying to achieve fine displacement with a Jpeg is tricky, unless the Jpeg is very high resolution. You can get away with using a Jpeg for conservative displacement but any extreme values will produce nosy results. One way you can avoid this is by blurring your Jpeg, Increasing your max subdive per poly might also help at a cost of higher render times but again if your Image is not of high enough resolution I don't thing any of these steps would produce Pleasing results.

2014-11-02, 21:33:59
Reply #10

Matej Ovsenek

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I've gotten mixed results using displacement in Vray, haven't yet tried it with corona. Usually, when I subdivided the polys a bit more, the displacement subdividing and presampling took less time than with a non-subdivided surface. the render was about the same. Also, lots of good displacement requires large displacement maps, that take a lot of memory resources.

With this much memory, you can try and subdivide the object as much as needed, use Displace with the map you were using as displacement, optimize it and collapse the modifier stack. I see you have lots of repeating objects in your animation, you could then scatter them using corona proxys. That shouldn't take much ram and you should not have any problems with displacement. Should also render faster.
----------------------------------------------
matej.ovsenek - Skype
matej.ovsenek@gmail.com
https://www.facebook.com/matej.ovsenek

2014-11-03, 20:14:09
Reply #11

arti

• Active Users
    • View Profile
@Matej Ovsenek  thanks for the advice
I planing also a diferend way to make the animation without displacement because it take's really to much memory and to much time to calculate just the displacement map
just the memory goes up to about 64 gb per frame

@abubaker you right some jpeg can produce the noisy results in render depends on the quality of the jpeg
but after switch the displacement from pixel size to world size the render works great but as i explain above the render time was longer and the calculation of the displacment needed more the 60 gb of memory

thanks really for all your advice i appreciate it really much

rgds