Author Topic: MAX UI help  (Read 2206 times)

2015-07-11, 00:56:07

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
Hey guys, I am in a pickle and I would sure appreciate some help :)

I have just bought a new workstation pc and just as I've set everything up... BAAM(!), I remember I forgot to save my Max UI files!

Luckily I am using the same HDD in my new workstation too, unformated and all but the problem I am having now is that even if I copy and paste the entire EN-US/UI folder into my new Max installation I don't get all of my custom interface back - I get a few toolbars, some settings here and there but no keyboard shortcurts, missing toolbars and no window memory...

Does anyone know if there is a chance to save my old defaults from eternal doom? Thanks in advance!
Nejc Kilar | chaos-corona.com
Educational Content Creator | contact us

2015-07-12, 10:11:34
Reply #1

twcg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Maybe you should try to recover this folder:
C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMaxDesign\2015-64\ENU

Just replace the new one with the one from your old HDD!

Maybe the path differs a bit ;)

2015-07-13, 14:23:31
Reply #2

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
Indeed, that's just what I figured out!

I was essentially saving my profile as the default max one (as I had some difficulties understanding how the customize settings work) and that apparently saved into the folder you mentioned. Unfortunately I did delete that particular folder so I had to set up my shortcuts all over again - which was fun actually :)

Thanks for helping tobiasweisercg, much so considering this is your first post. I trully owe you one buddy! ;)
Nejc Kilar | chaos-corona.com
Educational Content Creator | contact us