Author Topic: Price Increase  (Read 7114 times)

2024-01-12, 10:24:54
Reply #15

lollolo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
What we dont like is the features they push, like Corona Power toys... Did i miss that "Feature" from the upcoming ones in trello ? or the Most wanted feature board?
What about the "Rewriting scene parsing" that has been pushed 4 years.. You want to compete with Unreal or real time engines? Make Magic for us, cut those times so the user can see faster what they are working.
Edge map was also a rabbit from a hat to all of us, TOON shader has been asked for YEARS, so i guess its complicated to do, please BITE the bullet and do it, if it can take 4 years to do it we would have it already..

+1

Honestly, I'm also disappointed with the price increase. V11 wasn't a great release from a user perspective (I understand that there may be much work done under the hood which we users can't see)
And if I assume, that we will get Vantage support in the future, that would result in additional €600, together almost €1000, and even more if you have a premium subscription.
That's just too much for a yearly subscription. Corona/Chaos team should really offer its users a more attractive deal, otherwise some will be forced to look somewhere else. 

2024-01-12, 11:22:18
Reply #16

matteosperi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hi, for me yes;
corona 11 must be a really very important upgrade compared to corona 10 (my opinion).
It's important for users, I think.

2024-01-12, 13:01:43
Reply #17

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
A few small points: one person mentioned dropping Corona last price increase to move to V-Ray - V-Ray has a price increase right now too, as an fyi. Another noted about AI, commenting there's nothing listed on the Corona map compared to "other software", but that's because it's an overall Chaos initiative - see https://www.chaos.com/next for the things that are being investigated or actively worked on (and Corona will benefit from these too of course). And of course we are attentive to your feedback and comments here as well.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2024-01-12, 13:46:54
Reply #18

zaar

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm disapointed here too. Like every commercial software just keeps increasing in price. Some add features people want, some don't, and people want different things. However, the landscape is shifting towards open source and real time for many people, and the timing is just feels way off.

When the price was increased before we also got Phoenix etc, and Chaos could cash in on many more users by bundeling software and charging for something they were producing anyway.
If this increase was timed with "now Anima is included" I would've jumped out of my chair screaming hooray! Now the feeling is just "what? why? Is it an indication of a new direction and is going to keep happening every year? And has Corona usage decreased so much they have to charge more to break even or what is this?"

And to everyone working at Chaos/Corona I really like using the product. It's really great at what it does. For me it's the best and most fun to use CPU-renderer.

2024-01-12, 14:03:07
Reply #19

jasond

• Active Users
    • View Profile
No mention in the email about what happens with long term, legacy FairSaaS users with render nodes. If I recall from the last price increase, those on the 'Premium' plan got to keep the nodes. What is happening this time? We're in for a €2000 increase that wasn't budgeted for if this changes. Not the best timing to release this increase after annual budgets are submitted.

For clarity on the Render Nodes, nothing has changed here - extra render nodes were dropped with the release of Corona 8, not with Corona 9, so it's been this way since April. That is, unless you were an existing user before Corona 8 in which case you got to keep whatever render nodes you used to have, and you still get to keep those with Corona 9 too so long as your Premium subscription remains renewed.

2024-01-12, 15:44:49
Reply #20

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
There's no change there, if you have historical "+3 render nodes", as long as that subscription renews and remains unbroken, it remains "+3 render nodes". Just it renews at the new price for a Premium subscription of course. (If that had been changing, details would have been in the email)

2024-01-12, 15:50:09
Reply #21

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Oh! That was the other thing I was going to mention - the Academy videos. Next one is out next week. Releases always put these on hold as we have to focus on making tutorials for the new features to go on YT, and then we were right into the vacation period, which is why there is a longer delay than usual there. But we're getting back into the swing of those, with them top priority again and YT videos moving back to second place ;)

2024-01-12, 22:43:36
Reply #22

britbunkley

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It is not too bad assuming that I was sent the increase in AUD dollars.
« Last Edit: 2024-01-18, 06:56:03 by britbunkley »

2024-01-13, 13:16:34
Reply #23

Salvatore CDA

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • CDA3DLive
My first impression was emotional, and I saw the new prizes. I stopped my subscription. After some days, I calmed down and watched it with fresh eyes. I looked at it differently and activated my subscription again.

The increase is just a few dollars using the yearly subscription, and a library of 1000's ready-to-use assets and materials are also included. Alone this Asset LIB that grows constantly is worth the extra costs.
On the other hand, Corona Renderer in Cinema 4D and Max is the most stable combination compared to other Renderers. In conclusion, I will stay with Chaos Corona.

2024-01-13, 13:20:33
Reply #24

dj_buckley

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The increase is just a few dollars using the yearly subscription, and a library of 1000's ready-to-use assets and materials are also included. Alone this Asset LIB that grows constantly is worth the extra costs.

You're forgetting about the 100%+ increase last year.  Also it's not a few dollars.  The Premium Annual has gone up 10%

2024-01-13, 13:30:41
Reply #25

dj_buckley

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Another way to look at it - try increasing your own prices by 110% in the space of 12 months with your own clients.  See if they think it's just a few dollars.

2024-01-13, 13:48:09
Reply #26

Salvatore CDA

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • CDA3DLive
Here is how I see it:

until now €418.80/year
new €454.80/year

Difference €36/year divided by 12 Months is €3 more per yearly Subscription

The monthly subscription, yes, is a huge increase

On the other hand, Corona Subscription costs are the same if Hobby or company, This is not the case in other packages

« Last Edit: 2024-01-13, 13:51:36 by Salvatore CDA »

2024-01-13, 13:53:58
Reply #27

dj_buckley

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Here is how I see it:

until now €418.80/year
new €454.80/year

difference €36/year divided by 12 Months is €3 more per yearly Subscription

The monthly subscription, yes is a huge increase

The year before that was £300 for a license + 3 render nodes.

If you want the same after February (you had to choose Premium to keep your floating licence) - that 1 license + 3 render nodes will now cost you £396 + £95 + £95 + £95 = £681

Percentage increase between £300 and £681 is 127%

I'm being conservative there too, I have no idea if the quoted prices include VAT.  And The £300 figure for the previous year was based on what I was paying for the monthly rolling sub.  It would have been even cheaper had I paid annually
« Last Edit: 2024-01-13, 14:01:18 by dj_buckley »

2024-01-13, 14:13:09
Reply #28

Salvatore CDA

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • CDA3DLive
Here is how I see it:

until now €418.80/year
new €454.80/year

difference €36/year divided by 12 Months is €3 more per yearly Subscription

The monthly subscription, yes is a huge increase

The year before that was £300 for a license + 3 render nodes.

If you want the same after February (you had to choose Premium to keep your floating licence) - that 1 license + 3 render nodes will now cost you £396 + £95 + £95 + £95 = £681

Percentage increase between £300 and £681 is 127%

I'm being conservative there too, I have no idea if the quoted prices include VAT.  And The £300 figure for the previous year was based on what I was paying for the monthly rolling sub.  It would have been even cheaper had I paid annually

I see; yes, the Rendernode costs are way too high. We have the same cost issue in our Company. We have a Renderfarm of 6 PC. At home, I don't use Rendernodes, so only the Corona Render costs affect me.

2024-01-13, 14:29:01
Reply #29

dj_buckley

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It doesn't really affect me either.  I managed to keep my Render Nodes when the initial price increase came in, but I'm speaking up purely out of principle for those it does affect.  I'm also concerned about the future, so I don't want to wait until it's too late to speak up.  Are we to expect 10% price increases every year?