Author Topic: Can't cancel auto renewal? Now have to pay for another year?  (Read 2781 times)

2023-12-04, 11:35:41
Reply #15

bishbashross

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Oh!CG
Waiting 13 days now for a reply now to my ticket over at Chaos and I'm fairly sure the current renewal process is not legal here in the UK. Pretty pissed off tbh. ticket #176988

2023-12-04, 11:39:26
Reply #16

dj_buckley

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ironically I have just had a response from support and it's abysmal.  This was the response:

"Please be advised that the renewal price for your V-Ray Solo subscription is £358.80 and you were charged with VAT this year, therefore the total amount is £430.56.

In accordance with EU VAT legislation, VAT will be applied only to orders in those countries where exemption documentation or a valid VAT ID has not been supplied at the time of payment.
Kindly share your VAT ID in order to validate it and refund you for the VAT amount. "

I've got two issues with this response

A).  I don't even have VRay Solo, I have Corona Premium.

B).  My issue isn't that I've been charged VAT.  It's that I've been charged VAT twice.

Incompetent isn't the word.  Corona Devs, I suggest you go and have a word with the uneducated support team as they're really pissing a lot of us off right now.

2023-12-04, 13:51:53
Reply #17

davetwo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I must say that I also also didn't realise I had auto-renewal set for V-ray until after it was paid. But after one email to support, it was cancelled and refunded within days.

I would imaging that the chaos licencing support is the same team for both V-ray and Corona (are you in the EU?) so I'd recommend re-contacting them to make sure there isnt some confusion about your case in particular.

I don't think much will be acheived by posting on corona user forum TBH.

2023-12-04, 13:54:52
Reply #18

dj_buckley

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm already in contact with them via a support ticket, I've also got some Chaos customer success champion intervening via private message on here and now via email.  The super helpful devs on here were the ones who sorted the initial pricing issues out in the first place when we first had to make the switch to annual.  It was a mess back then but the guys here sorted it.  It seems 12 months later and the billing team still haven't sorted things out

2023-12-05, 15:24:01
Reply #19

bishbashross

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Oh!CG
Still no reply and it's been two weeks. Can somebody here get them to contact me please?

2023-12-07, 16:19:50
Reply #20

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Still no reply and it's been two weeks. Can somebody here get them to contact me please?
I hope it's now sorted..
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!