Author Topic: Can't cancel auto renewal? Now have to pay for another year?  (Read 2787 times)

2023-11-07, 21:08:01

Robwan

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Last year I canceled my corona license a day or two before expiry and took out a new one on black friday for the discount (as many people do).

This year I don’t need a license as I use my work machine for everything. But I can't cancel now and it's 20 days before expiray, so I will get charged for a whole new year for a product I won’t use??

Will this really happen? 😞😞😞 Any light shed on this will be really helpful.

Thanks
« Last Edit: 2023-11-07, 21:18:00 by Robin Walker »

2023-11-07, 21:40:30
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Did you try to press that contact us link? No one on the forum can solve licensing issues, you need to open a ticket at Chaos help portal: https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2023-11-07, 21:47:15
Reply #2

Robwan

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks, yes I have sent a ticket, but also posting here as there is another post about it over at chaos where people are saying support is not getting back to them https://forums.chaos.com/forum/licensing-forums/licensing-problems/1187370-no-way-to-cancel-auto-renewal-on-the-website

I actually went through my emails and found that last year I cancelled 3 days before, but this year I am 20 days away and cannot cancel.

I am aware that something changed on chaos' end and it's now 30 days notice (no idea when this came into play, I don't seem to have any email about it), but really hope I don't have to spend another £300 or however much it is.

My wife also purchased same time and needs to cancel so it's a double blow if we both have to pay. Glad we've noticed with 20 days left so there is potentially time to sort.
« Last Edit: 2023-11-09, 11:58:29 by Robwan »

2023-11-09, 09:06:21
Reply #3

JoeS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Shade Digital
Interesting I just found out about the auto renew when they debited my account. I had no idea, and then I found out the price has been increased substantially. I have not been able to use corona 10 due to a bug with forest pack. The price increase on this software is ridiculous.

2023-11-09, 09:25:36
Reply #4

hurrycat

• Active Users
    • View Profile
This is outrageous. I am on Corona Premium and want to switch to Corona Solo because I have no use for Phoenix or Scans.

Because of this thread I found out that I cannot change my subscription until a month before the year ends. I don't remember agreeing to something like this and in any case such limitation should have been more obvious.

I hope to resolve this with support.

2023-11-09, 11:39:32
Reply #5

Robwan

• Active Users
    • View Profile
So you know, both me and my wife submitted a ticket about it to chaos 2 days ago. She got a reply the next day and they canceled her auto renewal. I, on the other hand, am still waiting.

Hurrycat, hopefully they will get back to you soon

JoeS, I reckon send a ticket asking for a refund explaining your situation.

As you've both stated, you had no idea about this and did not remember signing up to it, just like myself and my wife.

I'm sure it's not intentional on chaos' part so I do hope it gets resolved.

2023-11-09, 21:24:59
Reply #6

JoeS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Shade Digital
Update ! I realised I have no payment info on my account so chaos have sent me an invoice requesting payment. What a joke! this customer service is some of the lowest I have ever encountered. No options to change to solo and no real communication. What a dumpster fire. And I have projects on, thanks for the smooth transition chaos.
« Last Edit: 2023-11-09, 21:29:49 by JoeS »

2023-11-27, 17:58:24
Reply #7

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I also just discovered that autorenew was a thing having been planning on downgrading since ive not used phoenix or scans in the last year.
The renewal charge also didnt match the charge listed on the email i recieved last year telling me what my next renewal price would be.
Support are telling me there was a price increase. I cant find a single email mentioning it.

2023-11-27, 18:22:50
Reply #8

dj_buckley

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The renewal charge also didnt match the charge listed on the email i recieved last year telling me what my next renewal price would be.
Support are telling me there was a price increase. I cant find a single email mentioning it.

Same here, getting in touch is currently on my todo list, but as it's been mentioned I'll chime in.  My renewal quote was £358.80, I have it written in black and white next to 'Next Billing Amount (vat/taxes included)" - yet I was charged £430.56.  Where do we get our refunds from for the difference?

And I also haven't received any 'price increase' notifications.  The price increase was when you forced us all onto annual.  And that was a significant one.  Are support suggesting there has been another significant increase less than 12 months after that?

You can't explicitly state that you're going to charge someone X amount and then bill them a completely different amount when the time comes?  At least not without their approval.

Interestingly, £358.8 + VAT/taxes = £430.56.  It's clear on the quote though that the £358.80 already includes VAT/taxes, so I'm sure it's a simple mistake that will be rectified.  It seems it's happened to most people though as I've just spoken to someone else who's reached out to support today about it.  The worrying thing is, a lot of people won't even notice.
« Last Edit: 2023-11-27, 19:33:59 by dj_buckley »

2023-11-27, 23:18:26
Reply #9

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Same here, getting in touch is currently on my todo list, but as it's been mentioned I'll chime in.  My renewal quote was £358.80, I have it written in black and white next to 'Next Billing Amount (vat/taxes included)" - yet I was charged £430.56.  Where do we get our refunds from for the difference?

And I also haven't received any 'price increase' notifications.  The price increase was when you forced us all onto annual.  And that was a significant one.  Are support suggesting there has been another significant increase less than 12 months after that?

You can't explicitly state that you're going to charge someone X amount and then bill them a completely different amount when the time comes?  At least not without their approval.

Interestingly, £358.8 + VAT/taxes = £430.56.  It's clear on the quote though that the £358.80 already includes VAT/taxes, so I'm sure it's a simple mistake that will be rectified.  It seems it's happened to most people though as I've just spoken to someone else who's reached out to support today about it.  The worrying thing is, a lot of people won't even notice.

Yup identical situation. Its ridiculous because i spoke to Tom on the fb group and he mentioned there hasnt been a price increase so something somewhere has gone wrong. I also really dislike how renewals cannot benefit from the black friday discount. Absolutely no benefit to being loyal anymore. After a solid decade of being a corona user and hyping it up to everyone i know im starting to get a bitter taste in my mouth in regards to the direction the company is going on the business side. I dont like being held at ransom for the software i use and this is giving me the push i need to start looking into Unreal as a visualisation tool. Charging double for monthly payments was bad enough. Im giving the benefit of the doubt this time until a resolution is negotiated.

2023-11-27, 23:53:48
Reply #10

dj_buckley

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It's a Chaos thing, not a Corona thing I feel.  When it comes to the business side of things, Corona and Chaos still feel like completely separate companies.  This whole price increase/annual subscriptions etc has been an abomination in terms of communication from the start.  Both external communication to customers and internal communication inside Chaos.  We've got the devs on here telling us one thing, Chaos support telling us another and then Chaos billing doing something completely different again.

Communication seems to relatively poor behind the scenes.  There's another live thread on here at the minute about Phoenix Memory leaks where the devs have said one thing, and support have said another.

I do feel sorry for the devs on here though because they're the ones who get it in the neck from us lot, and they're genereally excellent, but we have nowhere else to vent.  On the other hand, I guess they have to take the rough with the smooth, when you sell to the suits, you have to be prepared to take the inevitable backlash that comes with it.  Bigger leagues, bigger problems and all that. 

2023-11-28, 18:49:56
Reply #11

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It's a Chaos thing, not a Corona thing I feel.  When it comes to the business side of things, Corona and Chaos still feel like completely separate companies.  This whole price increase/annual subscriptions etc has been an abomination in terms of communication from the start.  Both external communication to customers and internal communication inside Chaos.  We've got the devs on here telling us one thing, Chaos support telling us another and then Chaos billing doing something completely different again.

Communication seems to relatively poor behind the scenes.  There's another live thread on here at the minute about Phoenix Memory leaks where the devs have said one thing, and support have said another.

I do feel sorry for the devs on here though because they're the ones who get it in the neck from us lot, and they're genereally excellent, but we have nowhere else to vent.  On the other hand, I guess they have to take the rough with the smooth, when you sell to the suits, you have to be prepared to take the inevitable backlash that comes with it.  Bigger leagues, bigger problems and all that.

Absolutely agree. The team here are always fantastic and have been since the start. Its only since the chaos takeover that things have started to go a bit sour.

2023-11-30, 12:12:19
Reply #12

Customer Success

• Users
    • View Profile
Dear customers,

Thank you for all the transparent feedback shared here.

It is our highest priority to ensure an impeccable experience to all our customers at all times, and we acknowledge this situation may not have lived up to that standard. Since the issues pointed out in the threads here are individual to each user, we would like to get in touch with you directly to discuss your situation further. To that end, we will be reaching out to you privately to proceed with this conversation.

We appreciate your understanding.

Warm regards,
The Chaos Customer Success Team

2023-11-30, 12:29:53
Reply #13

dj_buckley

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Lol exactly what we've been discussing.  This response couldn't feel any more corporate.  A faceless canned response.  Surprisingly I've not heard back from support yet despite raising a ticket on the issue over 72 hours ago and counting.  They must be making a killing in interest with all these overpayments they're holding

2023-11-30, 13:09:43
Reply #14

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
Lol exactly what we've been discussing.

Amazing, yes. A destitute and clinical "message" that reads more like a "don't tell unsuccessful stories about 'success team' in public" directive. And 'Warm regards' feels rather like being welcomed in a fridge. I should really start to use AI to train myself being able to communicate with the disembodied :)

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.