Author Topic: An unknown bitmap is showing on top of a material  (Read 1390 times)

2022-07-17, 16:25:38

OltB03

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi there,
I have been working on a scene with 3Ds Max 2022 with Corona 8 and there appears to be a bitmap (an image of an exterior of a building) on top of a material, wood (see the picture attached), and I have tried to locate that bitmap in the material editor, but no such map is present in the scene. I have also reset settings inn the render setup, still same thing. I'm asking here if anyone knows something about this problem.
Thank you in advance
« Last Edit: 2022-07-17, 16:36:27 by romullus »

2022-07-17, 16:35:51
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Hi,

this could be because a. you set your enviroment HDRI map with wrong mapping (it should be spherical and not screen), or b. there is reflect BG override activated in your wood material and enviroment texture plugged directly into it.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2022-07-17, 16:44:29
Reply #2

OltB03

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

this could be because a. you set your enviroment HDRI map with wrong mapping (it should be spherical and not screen), or b. there is reflect BG override activated in your wood material and enviroment texture plugged directly into it.

Thank you for replying so quickly,

I understand your reasons, but if you can see in the first image, that bitmap is also stretched according to the UVW map of the object.
Also here are images of the material, scene.

I am trying something now, just renaming the wood texture and reloading them in the material and see the results, hope this works.

2022-07-17, 20:13:25
Reply #3

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Hmm, that is strange indeed. I can't think any explanation for this behaviour then. I think the best thing would be if you could share the scen for investigation with the support team. You can do this by opening a support ticket here: https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2022-07-18, 11:00:29
Reply #4

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Hi, this is a really strange issue. Could you please contact us about this here as Romullus advised? https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
Please include a link to this thread and Corona and 3ds Max version, including the Hotfix version.
It would be best if you could share the scene with us (or at least some simplified version of it).

My first thought is: are you using Google Drive for storing your assets/scenes?

Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us