Author Topic: Trying to achieve an all-white, unshaded model... and failing.  (Read 1360 times)

2021-12-10, 09:18:19

Helldoor

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Helldoor Visual Studio
Hi there,

for a 3d-pictogram I want to render out a fully white model. Some of the buildings will later be coloured manually (PS ir Illustrator) and the buildings need to be fully white - no self-shading, just the contours (wiremat). Disabling "Receive Shadows" and "Cast Shadows" in the Object properties leads to the result you see attached. The buildings still have a 'darker' side, though - is there a way to get rid of it?

Thanks in advance!

2021-12-10, 09:46:19
Reply #1

88qba88

• Active Users
    • View Profile
That one should be easy! :)
1st option is to play with levels/contrast in Photoshop on the render that you already have - this one should be the easiest one:)

2nd is a solution that creates good results straight in corona:
Disable all lights in the scene ->apply completely black corona material with self-illumination set to 1 (you can change the value according to your other settings) -> apply corona-wire to self-illumination slot -> change base color to white, edge to black and that's it (test image straight out of corona is attached to this post).

I hope it helps! :)

2021-12-10, 09:56:38
Reply #2

Helldoor

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Helldoor Visual Studio
88qba88, amazing, thank you! Now, that you say it, it seems really quite obvious, but I didn't manage to figure it out myself. I'll do that an post the result.

In the meantime however I had a chat with the graphics department - they'd be happy to have the buildings be fully white, but still cast some AO shadows. Like the image attached, just with the buildings being white. Will play around to get that result.

2021-12-10, 10:21:53
Reply #3

balatschaka

• Active Users
    • View Profile
CoronaWire->CoronaAO->Ctexmap in Render Elements ;)

2021-12-10, 10:37:38
Reply #4

Helldoor

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Helldoor Visual Studio
Here's what the model looks like, using 88qba88's method - exactly what I was after, posting the question. So, for everyone looking to render a fully white, technical-looking model - there you go.

2021-12-10, 10:41:30
Reply #5

Helldoor

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Helldoor Visual Studio
CoronaWire->CoronaAO->Ctexmap in Render Elements ;)

Oh nice, thank you! Will try it out!

Here we go:

« Last Edit: 2021-12-10, 10:49:04 by Helldoor »