Chaos Corona for Cinema 4D > [C4D] Daily Builds

Using the new ''Decals'' feature

(1/2) > >>

3DRenders:
Hi guys,

I'm trying to use the new decals option, but i don't see any ''decals'' material or object?
I tried a standard material, but it doesnt work.

How does it work?

thank you :)
Mo

lollolo:
I don't think decals are already supported in C4D, only in Max.
But they should release something soon, I think :)

TomG:
Correct, it's not in C4D yet - you can check what is in C4D dailies to date in the changelog https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=34088

Max and C4D handle lots of things about materials differently, e.g. UV mapping, material stacking, etc., so it's one of those things that is not a straight "just stick the code in the other version and tada!" ;) So once we got it working in the core, there is still a lot of (careful) work that needs doing to get it working in C4D.

Nas:
I see now the latest daily build supports decals for C4D but still cannot figure out how it works. Anyone tried it already?

Cinemike:

--- Quote from: Nas on 2021-12-19, 11:09:20 ---I see now the latest daily build supports decals for C4D but still cannot figure out how it works. Anyone tried it already?

--- End quote ---

They're just fancy "labels" with a lot of potential and you can use them in cloners, for example, which makes them superior to a pure material solution.
Play with the attached file and ask if questions come up.
Somebody should be able to answer them, hopefully ;)

CU
Michael

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version