Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Resolved Bugs

Max freeze for a long time after stopping IR and sometimes regular render

(1/4) > >>

v.p.vlasenko:
The problem looks similar to already posted here by mahjoub but I created a new topic because of:

1. It happens for a couple of years already and I'm using the latest daily builds, so the problem here for a long time.
2. Happens in completely (almost) different scenes.
3. Not looks like it bound to resolution.

Almost different is because those scenes have something similar - a lot of objects and a lot of materials (and big scale, but I don't think that's the problem). It never happened with productviz scenes and some small archviz like couple of buildings or some interiors.

So the problem: if I run IR and moving or creating objects, moving camera - all fine most of the time, let's say 95% it works fine - I can stop IR and all good. BUT, if I do changes to some materials - it works fine until I stop IR, then max becomes locked for a long time (5-40 min). And again that not 100% cases but it almost for sure, that after doing changes it'll lock max.

Sometimes that happened if I even didn't make any changes, so just run IR and stop it after some time lock max as well, same for regular render - but that happens rarely.

The problem occurs even with isolated objects, so hiding everything except one certain object will behave same way, so I have to move that object to another scene to work with it and then back.

Another interesting thing - sometimes I still can work for a couple of seconds after closing IR and then max became locked.

At some point in those scenes I stopped using IR and did regular test renders instead with cancel at the end, not stopping. Can't say for sure, but seems like cancel work better - I can't remember freeze after cancel, but can't guarantee that.

And one more thing I tried - selected all objects in scene (seems like there were around 12k of them) and applied one material to all. IR seems to be running ok after that. I did 3-4 runs, applied some materials to few objects during IR and seems like all fine. Again - can't say for sure if the problem eliminated, as it does not occur in 100% of cases.

Summary of the bug: scenes with high object and materials count, freeze occurs mostly after doing changes to materials during IR, but sometimes it happens without any changes and with regular render. PROBABLY reason is a lot of materials.

P.S. I'll create few more topics with bugs that annoy me for a long time and with newcomers found recently. That about 2,5D displace quality, openvdb and corona distance.

rowmanns:
Hi,

Thanks for reporting this to us. We have had some reports of this in the past but we have had troubles reproducing this.

I have a few questions:

* Which version of 3ds Max are you using?
* Are you using any 3rd party plugins?
* What are your computer specifications? i.e. CPU, RAM, GPU + windows version.
* Are all of the above fully up to date? 
Would you also be able to send a scene where you are experiencing this issue to us? The instructions on how to send it to us are in my signature.

Cheers,

Rowan

John.McWaters:
It sounds like it's autosaving. I have a similar experience, and I've noticed with big files, autosaving will cause Max to go inactive for minutes as a time. If you're rendering, it won't autosave, so typically, when you stop the render it will queue the autosave.

Bormax:
I had the same sort of issues with heavy hanging of Max caused by IR+material changing, IR+material changes+stop IR. It was not connected with autosave - it happened even when I switched autosave off. In my case these happened with Max 2021.3+Corona 7 builds. I wrote about it in Daily Builds Discussion section. Corona 6 doesn't freeze the my Max and works fine.

rowmanns:
@Bormax

Please would you be able to send a scene + reproduction steps and if possible a video demonstrating this issue?

I asked in the daily builds thread also, we really want to investigate this and find out what the problem is. But it's impossible for us to do so if we can't reproduce it.

Rowan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version