Author Topic: Corona Renderer 7 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion  (Read 175707 times)

2021-06-01, 15:38:16
Reply #375

scionik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey guys, when can we see "Reworking tone mapping"? It's so long to wait it...

2021-06-01, 15:43:45
Reply #376

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Good afternoon! Detected unstable Corona behavior during rendering. After running on the render after some time, 1-10 minutes, possibly longer, 3ds max crashes without any messages. This starts happening starting with the "corona-7-3dsmax-daily-2021-05-10.exe". In an earlier build, this is not observed. I send you a scene "CD_2021.rar" to identify the bug.

Used 3ds max 2021

Thank you
Hi Feodor,

We have fixed this crash and the fix is in todays daily build (v7 2021-06-01). Please let me know if you have any further problems.

Cheers,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2021-06-02, 14:53:28
Reply #377

Feodor

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Good afternoon! Detected unstable Corona behavior during rendering. After running on the render after some time, 1-10 minutes, possibly longer, 3ds max crashes without any messages. This starts happening starting with the "corona-7-3dsmax-daily-2021-05-10.exe". In an earlier build, this is not observed. I send you a scene "CD_2021.rar" to identify the bug.

Used 3ds max 2021

Thank you
Hi Feodor,

We have fixed this crash and the fix is in todays daily build (v7 2021-06-01). Please let me know if you have any further problems.

Cheers,

Rowan

Thank you very much!

2021-06-03, 18:25:12
Reply #378

tallbox

• Active Users
  • George Nicola
    • View Profile
    • Architectural Visualizations | TALLBOX
Installed the latest build.
I opened a scene with a few V-ray bushes and grass (the scene was moved from a different HDD where texture paths were not set yet).

When an old corona converter is used, the converter keeps the bitmap nodes (even empty) and has the file name and last path.

When the same is converted with the latest converter - all empty bitmap nodes are replaced with a color map node.
Architectural Visualizations / Deep work practitioner
https://www.tallboxdesign.com

2021-06-03, 19:34:51
Reply #379

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Build Apr 21

Displacement does not work in layered material, not even in the base slot.

Hey, it seems to be working fine here, can you please share more information from your material setup (or a small repro scene)?

I just found that it works in new scenes, but doesn't work in the legacy ones, at least not in the one i attached here. After reseting render settings, layered displacement starts working here too. Maybe i did mess up with render settings somehow, but i couldn't find anything that could be causing such behaviour. I would appreciate if you could take a look and let me know what's wrong with this scene.
Hi Romullus,

This is fixed in todays daily build 2021-06-03.

Cheers,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2021-06-03, 19:44:10
Reply #380

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Thank you!
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2021-06-03, 20:21:48
Reply #381

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
Hi guys!

The Dalily Build corona-7-3dsmax-daily-2021-06-01 has a problem with the updated Intel Denoiser.
When I hit the Denoise button, after a few seconds it crashes Corona Image Editor. I use an AMD 5950X and the image is 6.000px wide.

Did you noticed anything as well?

Tonight I'll install the new Daily Build to check if the problem persists.

Thanks!

2021-06-03, 20:25:12
Reply #382

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
I Installed now the new Daily Build and the Intel Denoiser crashes the Corona Image Editor as well...

Thanks,

Dionysios -

2021-06-03, 20:52:58
Reply #383

Neeraj Gajjar

• Users
    • View Profile
Hey Guys,

Anyone having problem in displacement shown as in attached files.?

Using DB - 2021-06-03 , 3ds Max 2022

2021-06-03, 21:03:01
Reply #384

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
That's by design. Displacement is calculated only inside camera frustum and is not updated on view change when rendering in IR. You need to restart interactive rendering, or make some small change in displacement strength in order to update displacement. Alternative way is to switch from screen size to world size in displacement settings and pay the penalty of higher RAM usage.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2021-06-04, 09:51:44
Reply #385

Flavius

• Active Users
    • View Profile
As someone else posted, Intel denoiser now crashes 3dsmax. It hangs a couple of seconds then 3dsmax closes instantly, no errors, no warnings nothing.
« Last Edit: 2021-06-04, 09:56:59 by Flavius »

2021-06-04, 15:02:06
Reply #386

Flavius

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, there's another bug which I see in this daily build. The IR sometimes doesn't work. It's calculating something (see CPU usage) but the image doesn't update. It seems to happen random. I have to restart the IR for it to work again. Anyone else encountered this? Thanks

2021-06-05, 18:20:50
Reply #387

Feodor

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Checking out the new addition for sky, (I had a lot of hopes), but I experienced pain, the presence of an aerial perspective in the background, and its physical absence in the form of volume. It is there in the distance, and it is beautiful, but to make the volume so that the rocks, the city are hidden in the fog, we return again to CoronaVolumeMtl. Which does not take into account the height and rounding of the atmosphere, and that would take into account the need to build a dome and other dances with a tambourine! Pain, sadness. You have done everything to correctly display the aerial perspective in the texture map, and what to do next? I might as well use HDRI, it will have beautiful sunsets and clouds. Why climb to a height of 15,000 meters and still get nothing but a view in the light? I hope the developers understand that these additions to the sky also require changes to the Volume material

2021-06-05, 23:31:45
Reply #388

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Checking out the new addition for sky, (I had a lot of hopes), but I experienced pain, the presence of an aerial perspective in the background, and its physical absence in the form of volume. It is there in the distance, and it is beautiful, but to make the volume so that the rocks, the city are hidden in the fog, we return again to CoronaVolumeMtl. Which does not take into account the height and rounding of the atmosphere, and that would take into account the need to build a dome and other dances with a tambourine! Pain, sadness. You have done everything to correctly display the aerial perspective in the texture map, and what to do next? I might as well use HDRI, it will have beautiful sunsets and clouds. Why climb to a height of 15,000 meters and still get nothing but a view in the light? I hope the developers understand that these additions to the sky also require changes to the Volume material

It doesn't work like vray's?

2021-06-06, 01:00:09
Reply #389

EugeneDa

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Behance
"Aerial perspective" is not available yet. See Daily Builds Changelog ;)