Author Topic: [solved] Bright Edges on Adjacent Objects  (Read 2305 times)

2018-04-04, 17:54:22

apjasko

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm getting this peculiar issue I've never experienced before. My model is treating all adjacent objects as if they have a round edges bump, or something, adding a highlight from direct light on edges. Any idea what's causing this issue? I'm using 1.7 HF 3 and Max 2016. The scene is lit mostly with a Corona Sky from a large skylight above.

See attached for the problem.
« Last Edit: 2018-04-06, 15:59:59 by maru »

2018-04-04, 18:02:11
Reply #1

Njen

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Cyan Eyed
Could be light leaking? Are the walls, floor and celing a single sided polygon? Give them some thickness, so that there are back facing polygons. Essentailly enclose it in a box, making sure to cut out the holes for the windows.

2018-04-04, 18:08:19
Reply #2

apjasko

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Very strange. I didn't think it was light leaking, as the floor is just a plane and objects sitting on it were getting that highlight. But when adding a shell is fixes the issue. Thanks!

2018-04-04, 18:10:17
Reply #3

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes, don't intersect objects with something that has zero thickness :) Walls, floors etc should have some thickness to them.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2018-04-04, 18:13:40
Reply #4

apjasko

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I have somehow never managed to do this in my time as a visualizer. Funny how something so simple can be overlooked (by me). *face palm*

2018-04-04, 19:25:47
Reply #5

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
OFF-TOPIC: apjasko, you may want to check the backgrounds perspective - it's totally off.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2018-04-04, 19:36:59
Reply #6

apjasko

• Active Users
    • View Profile
OFF-TOPIC: apjasko, you may want to check the backgrounds perspective - it's totally off.

lol I know it's confusing to know what we're looking at, but that is supposed to be a huge media screen that shows a live camera of Dubai. I just started on this view today and as of now, that's just a place holder until I have more information in the scene. Simple corona mat with self illumination and reflection.

Actually, creating a convincing media mesh type screen is something I have struggled with for a while. Maybe I'll start a thread similar to the wool carpet one where I can get some input and generate ideas of how to create such a thing.

2018-04-06, 15:59:32
Reply #7

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us