Author Topic: ambient occlusion  (Read 3851 times)

2019-07-13, 18:27:17

celmar

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hello!!! i know it's possible to have a AO pass, with Texmap, then composite it once the render is finished...   But how to have ambient occlusion, with an AO map specific, on a single object???

2019-07-15, 15:02:17
Reply #1

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
Hi, you could mask the AO pass using a Mask pass. Would that work for you?

2019-07-15, 16:44:03
Reply #2

celmar

• Active Users
    • View Profile
unfortunely, no, Houska:   the sculpted character go out of Zbrush, with a nice ao map from the sculpt process... If I use it in the texmap channel, it will be linked to all the objects in the scene... I'm searching how to add a specific ao map to a specific mesh!!!

2019-07-15, 17:09:07
Reply #3

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
Oh, I see... So if I understand correctly, you have an AO map (an AO texture, essentially) baked from a sculpting software and you want to use that map on a specific object? If so, maybe you could use it directly in the diffuse channel of the object's material, blended together with the "real" diffuse texture using C4D layer shader?

The question that I'd like to raise here though is whether your workflow is not a little bit amiss. I am not a 3D artist myself, so maybe others would be able to help here, but I think that you should never feel the need to use an AO texture with an unbiased renderer. Instead, why don't you try to use a displacement texture to render the finer details of your object?

2019-08-25, 20:01:29
Reply #4

ChrisMyatt

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I think you just want to use a layer map in the diffuse slot, You diffuse texture then add a Corona AO on top set to multiply and adjust the percentage (kinda what you would do with the AO pass when compositing in photoshop but directly in the material).