Author Topic: trimming CoronaScatter?  (Read 2952 times)

2018-06-22, 01:24:47

filemon147

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey, I guess it's been here already, but maybe im looking the wrong way.

I'm using CoronaScatter to scatter little patches of grass groups on a surface. The thing is - these patches are circular, and about 30cm in diameter.
The problem I've got is that they are being scattered with their 'gumballs' in center of the circle - which means they hang over the edge of surface.
I've added a photo below - vertex paint doesnt help, as this surface is already cut out to shape - therefore no need to control with vertex paint.

2018-06-22, 11:41:33
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Have you seen this topic: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=9630.0 I think it has some solutions to your problem.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2018-06-22, 13:51:24
Reply #2

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
You would need to cut the clump itself like ForestPro does with its Edge boundary checking mode. You can do something similar by using the amazing CoronaDistance map but you will have to extend every material used in the instanced objects (done that for a complete scene by script where I needed some kind of CoronaClipper for animation and it worked quite good).

Even more amazing, CoronaDistance works inside CoronaScatter instances. Just start interactive and move around the clipper objects. Unplug CoronaWire to get full clipping.

Good Luck

Edit: Just noticed that you can very simply define object based exclusions by plugging the distance map directly into the CoronaScatter objects distribution map slot - not what you need but this is a very quick and flexible way to define exclude areas. Would be interesting to see 3D-Map support for box scattering. So we would be able to cut holes of any shape into 3D scattered items :)

« Last Edit: 2018-06-22, 15:18:25 by Frood »
Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2019-03-14, 18:08:32
Reply #3

ChrisMyatt

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Frood's Method but at a Material level if you need it visually. With the grass you would need to do this to every grass material type.

2019-03-14, 18:17:30
Reply #4

sprayer

• Active Users
    • View Profile
With the grass you would need to do this to every grass material type.
And this script may help for that  =)
https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=12857.0

2019-03-14, 19:39:48
Reply #5

ChrisMyatt

• Active Users
    • View Profile
With the grass you would need to do this to every grass material type.
And this script may help for that  =)
https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=12857.0

Spot on Sprayer, i will have to have a dl of that