Chaos Corona for Cinema 4D > [C4D] Daily Builds

Why we can't add some texture or gradient to Corona light in C4D?

<< < (3/5) > >>

tennet:
I'd like this option as well, to be able to load a gradient or HDR image directly to an Area light. I always use planes for this today with a Corona light materials. Works well for studio setups and everything I do anyways, but it would be more efficient to have all the light settings available in an Area light instead of having lots of different light materials.

burnin:
Maybe something alike, since it doesn't need to be RT... :)

ShahynRox:
Hello! The discussion has paused for a while... are there any updates from the developers' side concerning the missing gradient option for area lights? Has it already been integrated and I just didn't realize? Thank you!

Beanzvision:

--- Quote from: ShahynRox on 2023-01-09, 12:29:26 ---Hello! The discussion has paused for a while... are there any updates from the developers' side concerning the missing gradient option for area lights? Has it already been integrated and I just didn't realize? Thank you!

--- End quote ---
It has not yet been implemented as it is still in testing so don't worry, you haven't missed it. Some good progress had been made here so stay tuned ;)

Oxocan London:
Hi Julio,

Happy 2023! I raised this issue a while back and my understanding is that the Chaos team are working to bring the "GOBO" feature to Corona Renderer too. Not sure when this will actually happen, but I am sure they are working on it as everyone needs this! At Oxocan, we use Arnold Renderer when we need the GOBO utility for area light or spot light as Arnold offer IPR preview as you are working on your scene. We aim to use Corona on some scenes, but when we require more delicate renders we stick with Arnold!

I hope this helps for now.

Warm regards,
Ian
Oxocan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version