Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
@maru Changing the IOR to 1.0 actually changed quite a bit! Thanks!
It allowed more light to come through. The first image I've attached uses the IOR of 1.0, a Displacement map and Volumetrics.
The second image uses a Corona Volume Material. As you can see it doesn't have any Displacement and I don't know what workaround I could use to get that in there.

I'm rendering out a pass now with the clouds over the Earth material with all the other volumes turned on.
Let's see if it still works :)
Gallery / Skatepark Bouncing Balls
« Last post by viz.art on Today at 19:10:06 »
Hi guys!

Recently, I prepared a short animation with bouncing balls to train some stuff and for fun. It's about time for an extended version.
It’s a mix between 3D simulation and an HDR spherical image, where Shadowcatcher did a superb job.
Basically, I wanted to achieve a similar visual effect to the Bravia commercial shot in San Francisco that was released in the 2000s.

Software used: 3ds Max, Chaos Corona, tyFlow Pro, DaVinci Resolve Studio

More images and info at my Behance Profile

I hope you like the overall idea and the effect! 🙂

Gallery / Re: Earth without post-processing
« Last post by blauwfilms on Today at 18:54:28 »
@Beanzvision Thank you man! Would love to see your results as well :)
@maru Ah great tips! Let me try that now.
The reason I opted for a Physical Material with Volumetrics was that I wanted to use Displacement.
Is there an alternative that I could use in a Volume Material?
Gallery / Furniture Design CGI
« Last post by General.Aspect on Today at 17:22:33 »
For this project we wanted to showcase the product in a neutral space since one of the qualities of this collection is its versatility as it can be adapted to both contract and residential areas. We used raw textiles as space dividers to add contrast and bring warmth to the interiors. Carell, a collection of armchairs designed by Spanish designer Alejandro Valdés for Segis. With modern proportions, curved solid oak armrests, and a painted oval tubular structure, Carell conveys a sense of natural elegance and high comfort. Thanks to its seat and backrest, with have careful ergonomics and soft continuous surfaces, it is functional, versatile and guarantees balance.

Art Direction and CGI by General Aspect
Software: 3ds Max + Corona Renderer + Adobe Photoshop
-----------
More images in Behance

https://www.behance.net/gallery/194854183/Carell

Keep in touch:

hola@generalaspect.com
www.generalaspect.com
Instagram: www.instagram.com/general.aspect
+ 34 (654) 813249

Barcelona, Spain.
It could be related to the way various volumetric media interact with each other. What happens if you change the IOR of the clouds material to 1.0?
What happens if you use a Corona Volume Material for the clouds instead? (absorption can be used instead of opacity: pure white absorption = 0 opacity)
Hello Forum,

I've been working on a Planet Earth setup and I'm getting stuck when applying a layer of Clouds.
The setup uses multiple spheres that are stacked on top of each other. From bottom to top:
• Earth (Layered Material: Land + Water [using a Mask])
• Fog (Using a textured Volume Material)
• Clouds (Physical Material with Opacity Map [for Cloudy areas] and Volumetrics)

When the Clouds layer is turned out I get a very strong Reflection that covers the planet.
The sunlight is unable to shine through the Clouds Layer (See attached images)

I've also attached images of the material setup for the Clouds.
I have a feeling as if that could be where the issue is?

If you have any questions of the setup, feel free to ask :)
I'd love to find a solution to this.

All the best, Leo
[Max] I need help! / Re: Max scripting to automate rendering
« Last post by maru on Today at 16:00:49 »
Not sure if that helps in your case, but you can use the 3ds Max Rendering > Batch render option to render in a batch from various cameras or with different settings. You can also export your batch rendering to .bat from there.
[Max] Daily Builds / Re: Corona Curvature Map playground!
« Last post by maru on Today at 15:13:28 »
Sorry for the delay. This is still on the dev team todo, but no promises or specific dates at this time.
Hi,

Thanks for the replies all.
I think I'll go back to populate people for now.

Regards,
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10