Author Topic: Extra HDRI Slot or Domelight for Lightmix purposes  (Read 1749 times)

2016-11-29, 00:23:31

kehlje

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Arch. Portfolio
Hello,

Can anyone think of a way for someone to incorporate an additional HDRI into their Corona scene for Lightmix purposes? I am using an overcast HDRI in my environment slot, but when I turn this down in Lightmix for 'evening' scenes I have a very black sky.  If I could have an extra domelight or something in the scene with a nice blue HDRI, that I can turn up in Lightmix to get better evening light. I'm working in a big scene with lots of design studies and it's helpful to be able to generate lots of lighting conditions from one camera and scene. Such a great feature, by the way!

« Last Edit: 2016-11-29, 00:27:48 by kehlje »

2016-11-30, 14:55:13
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Some of the problems with this would be how should this work with reflections, refractions? Sorry, but I don't think this is going to happen.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2016-11-30, 17:47:26
Reply #2

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
there is also the issue that multiple environment maps would bring a huuuge slowdown, so we are no t planning to do it - lightmix would not save rnedertime in this scenario anyways
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)