Author Topic: Caleb_wip  (Read 11874 times)

2013-02-27, 14:05:45
Reply #15

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
The scene looks simple, it should be clear in 1 hour. Perhaps there is something wrong with it, we can help you optimize it. Can you post your rendersettings and scene overview?
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2013-02-27, 14:20:08
Reply #16

lacilaci

• Active Users
    • View Profile
PT 24 samples, lights 4 samples, everything else is default...

Scene is simple it's just what you see there(metro train car with characters and one empty car behind it). It is lit by a hdri and those interior lights...

I believe that the problems come from those lights. They're actual square lights inside onesided material glass meshes(onesided cause I wanted those lights look glossy through the lamp shading). I will try emitting light just from lamps and if it helps I will try textured emission...

Every material is reflective, windows are thin(twosided mat), there's displacement on characters(max poly subdiv 10 pixel projection 1px) and hair on caleb but in the end not much of geo there, I was rendering higher polycounts with corona this shouldn't be a problem I guess...

2013-02-27, 15:19:42
Reply #17

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
ouch, the problem is lights behind onesided glass. You need some bidirectional method to render this efficiently.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2013-02-27, 15:37:51
Reply #18

lacilaci

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes I somehow thought would be faster than texture emission but it's not so I'm reworking the lighting.