Author Topic: Casio watch wip  (Read 10549 times)

2013-09-03, 21:13:31

Anri_Ford

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi
Recently I made a Casio watch, now I want to visualize them in the environment. Test render.

2013-09-03, 21:25:56
Reply #1

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
only 4 passes per hour? what PT samples do you use?
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2013-09-03, 21:43:05
Reply #2

Anri_Ford

• Active Users
    • View Profile
60 samples)) Just DOF were artifacts and I decided to pick up samples. I left the renderer for the night, so the time is not critical.
and I use Bidir/VCM configuration
« Last Edit: 2013-09-03, 21:45:41 by Anri_Ford »

2013-09-03, 21:48:02
Reply #3

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
60 samples)) Just DOF were artifacts and I decided to pick up samples. I left the renderer for the night, so the time is not critical.

there is your problem.

Use Progressive, not bidir/VCM, and use 4 PT samples. You are doing opposite of what you should do. Use PT+PT for GI. You will get nearly same result, but a LOT faster.

By the way increasing PT samples will actually make DoF quality worse. PT samples is not a multiplier, it is a balance value. Lower PT samples will mean more samples will go into AA, DoF and Motion Blur, higher PT samples will mean more samples will go into lighting, shading and GI.
« Last Edit: 2013-09-03, 21:49:57 by Rawalanche »

2013-09-03, 21:51:46
Reply #4

Anri_Ford

• Active Users
    • View Profile
there is your problem.

Use Progressive, not bidir/VCM, and use 4 PT samples. You are doing opposite of what you should do. Use PT+PT for GI. You will get nearly same result, but a LOT faster.
Thank you, I will consider for the future. Just for the Russian is not very much information about the corona render

2013-09-03, 21:57:29
Reply #5

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
there is your problem.

Thank you, I will consider for the future. Just for the Russian is not very much information about the corona render

No problem. I am curious to see how quick the scene will render with the settings i have posted :)

2013-09-03, 22:05:17
Reply #6

ecximer

• Active Users
  • Scriptobot
    • View Profile
Just for the Russian is not very much information about the corona render
Что, в гугле забанен? http://cgpolymax.blogspot.ru/p/corona-renderer-faq.html
Я и ещё многие и без русского хелпа разобрались.
sorry for my english

2013-09-03, 22:10:33
Reply #7

Anri_Ford

• Active Users
    • View Profile
No problem. I am curious to see how quick the scene will render with the settings i have posted :)
Check back later. Now my computer is chugging along on the renderer.
I recently drawn on Watch the studio.

Just for the Russian is not very much information about the corona render
Что, в гугле забанен? http://cgpolymax.blogspot.ru/p/corona-renderer-faq.html
Я и ещё многие и без русского хелпа разобрались.
Ну это понятно) Да просто и времени особо нету искать все. Для этого и открыл вип, чтобы опыт черпать.

2013-09-04, 12:38:47
Reply #8

nehale

• Active Users
    • View Profile

By the way increasing PT samples will actually make DoF quality worse. PT samples is not a multiplier, it is a balance value. Lower PT samples will mean more samples will go into AA, DoF and Motion Blur, higher PT samples will mean more samples will go into lighting, shading and GI.

Thank you so much for that explanation, can you explain what the HD cache samples and how they contribute to AA/DOF and flickering during animation
I had a girlfriend once.....her name was Vray

2013-09-04, 16:30:52
Reply #9

Anri_Ford

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Made another render. Yes, of course a long time)), but there are artifacts on the Blur. Now I do render, with settings that advised Rawalanche. Still, I reduced the resolution a bit. For 15 minutes 30 passes. Wait.
Oh, yes, in the scene, a source of light - corona sun and corona sky in the environment.
« Last Edit: 2013-09-04, 16:37:14 by Anri_Ford »

2013-09-04, 16:48:46
Reply #10

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Made another render. Yes, of course a long time)), but there are artifacts on the Blur. Now I do render, with settings that advised Rawalanche. Still, I reduced the resolution a bit. For 15 minutes 30 passes. Wait.
Oh, yes, in the scene, a source of light - corona sun and corona sky in the environment.

You can disable sun light visibility to reflections. It will remove some of the highlights, but you will get a lot cleaner image. ;)

2013-09-04, 20:50:56
Reply #11

Anri_Ford

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Disabled Reflect the sun, added a light.

2013-09-04, 22:26:33
Reply #12

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
You could try to use some HDRI with sun, or partial sun behind clouds, and then enhance contrast in post processing. I think you are already getting quite a good speed. Reasonable quality for 13 minutes of rendering at such resolution, but highlight from the sun gave it a bit more definition, so i would try that HDRI, which usually has softer but still strong highlights :) :)
« Last Edit: 2013-09-04, 22:33:52 by Rawalanche »

2013-09-05, 12:48:45
Reply #13

Anri_Ford

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The first picture with the usual sun and light. The second with HDRI.

2013-09-05, 13:08:12
Reply #14

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
The first picture with the usual sun and light. The second with HDRI.

I would make sure the HDRI you use has enough depth, enough highlights, and that you are opening it correctl (32 bit with def. exposure). It still looks a bit dull for HDRI :)

I would recommended trying these http://jeffpatton.net/2012/05/sharing-a-few-more-hdrs/ . Jeff is a real professional when it comes to HDRI :)