Author Topic: Denoising and VFB+  (Read 3612 times)

2016-04-15, 07:55:49

lacilaci

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Is there a way to stop the rendering and have denoising done when using vfb+, other than leaving the rendering finish completely??

Now I understand that canceling the render allows for quick stop without denoiser when using corona's vfb but how to work around this when using vfb+?

I'd like to switch to using only corona vfb, but there is better tonemapping and LUT in vfb+.

2016-04-15, 13:39:42
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
I don't fully get the new stop/cancel distinction either, but you should be able to stop using Corona VFB, and then go to Rendering > Rendered Frame Window... - it will show your image in Max VFB.

Another option is to add this macro as a button somewhere in your ui.
CoronaRenderer.stopRender()
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2016-04-15, 13:45:34
Reply #2

lacilaci

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I don't fully get the new stop/cancel distinction either, but you should be able to stop using Corona VFB, and then go to Rendering > Rendered Frame Window... - it will show your image in Max VFB.

Another option is to add this macro as a button somewhere in your ui.
CoronaRenderer.stopRender()

Thanks for the tip.

2016-04-15, 14:22:51
Reply #3

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
(...) the new stop/cancel distinction (...)

What do you mean with "new"? It never has been different? Cancel has always been "interrupt immediately and gimme my scene back, discard everything."
While Stop (cVFB) was: "Stop rendering, save files, just do everything as if some (other) regular stop condition would have been reached and continue with next frame (if present)."
Same with denoise now (fortunately!).

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2016-04-16, 22:05:49
Reply #4

Bormax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi
I use VFB+ too, but using latest daily builds I have some problem with VFB update. I reported about it here https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,7239.1260.html, but I didn't get any  feedback. Normally I use Corona VFB to have acces to postproc while render is going and switch to VFB+ after render is over to have picture with post effects of VFB+. Now my question is - am I the only who have problem with native VFB in latest daily builds, or it's a common problem? Do you have any problems like the once I  discribe in my reports?