Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Feature Requests

The most wanted feature?

<< < (191/231) > >>

morph3us:
I just wanted to emphasize how crucial it is for some projects to have an easy object outlining solution.

Yes, I know about the "copy your geo and flip it" and the "just use edge texture + ao" workarounds.
They work sometimes, but there are enough situations where it doesnt or where its not feasable.
And yes, I could use a different renderer for that, but thats a hassle, because upon changing it, Corona`s settings are reset and I need to composite the two renderings in PS, too.

I tried to remedy the lack thereof through OSL, which is futile, because OSL can not get the needed rendering information in the MAX implemenation.
ShaderFX doesnt work, because Corona does not support DirectX shaders.
Another idea was to somehow maybe render the artistic viewport shading styles onto the image, but how would that work and also, they do can not be changed (Edge Width, etc.).

According to the roadmap this feature was already twice on the agenda, for versions 4 and 5, but since has been neglected.
I feel like everything else on the poll can either be done by someone who knows a bit of Python or Maxscript (adding materials to the library => just make your own library plugin, dont bother Render Legion), can be discarded (GPU/CPU hybrid rendering => come one guys, we all know thats not gonna happen and there are plausible reasons for that), can be easily be worked around (Why the need for a decal system? Just put a composite map into the diffuse, or use a mix material, then set your bitmap to not tile and to a unique UV ID. Then unwrap that with a unique UV Map modifier...) or plain ridiculous (Why even bother with in viewport rendering? I dont get how in a professional setting that would be benefitial...).

The edge map however is not so easily replaced. And it has real production value!
So, I literally beg you to please make our lives easier by adding something along thiose lines.
Object outlines, plus creases where to objects are stuck into eachother and an option on how thick those lines are in relation to the resolution.
That would be awesome to have, thank you!

vklein:
Cryptomatte support please. I find your lack of Cryptomatte support disturbing. The most other features on the list can be filled in by plugins but I need Cryptomatte, having full blown pipeline with Vray for years using Cryptomatte and need it. Even Blender has it. Shame on you.

lupaz:

--- Quote from: vklein on 2021-09-22, 17:59:31 ---Cryptomatte support please. I find your lack of Cryptomatte support disturbing. The most other features on the list can be filled in by plugins but I need Cryptomatte, having full blown pipeline with Vray for years using Cryptomatte and need it. Even Blender has it. Shame on you.

--- End quote ---

LOL.
Is this a joke??

triget:
I love Corona Renderer, but sometimes I think the development is a one big joke.

davetwo:
Seriously. I know this is the internet. But take it wasy with all the 'big joke", and "shame on you" flaming. Its really pretty childish on a professional forum.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version