Author Topic: Firerender for 3ds max  (Read 3501 times)

2015-08-12, 11:49:38

cecofuli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.francescolegrenzi.com
Very interesting ;-)

AMD has unveiled the 3ds Max version of FireRender, its OpenCL-based GPU renderer, at Siggraph 2015.
First demoed at Siggraph 2014 in its original Maya integration, the new 3ds Max edition has been developed in collaboration with Corona Renderer developer Render Legion.

OBVIOUSLY, we want more informations and videos! ^__^

If I watch the video, the interactivity isn't very fluid. The VFB is the original 3ds max VFB.

LINK

« Last Edit: 2015-08-12, 11:55:55 by cecofuli »

2015-08-12, 12:14:07
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Maybe some new details will be unveiled...
Also, please remember about everything from here:
https://corona-renderer.com/blog/render-legion-and-amd-announce-cooperation/
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2015-08-12, 12:53:57
Reply #2

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
The ultimate marriage of gpu renderer and car rotation example. One isn't complete without the other.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2015-08-13, 05:23:14
Reply #3

philippelamoureux

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Lol @ Juraj. That's true, It's always a car.

2015-08-13, 20:56:20
Reply #4

Malor

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Juraj, up top.

2015-08-18, 07:53:17
Reply #5

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
I am actually really interested in this especially since it is now known it will support Corona materials. Don't get me wrong, Corona is the renderer of choice for me but having a compatible GPU sidekick would be thrilling - sort of like V-Ray and V-Ray RT but with less compatibility as those two (while still disjointed a bit) are probably far more tightly knit. You can still use Corona for the heavy lifting while for quick feedback and smaller projects the GPU alternative is quite nice to have.

I also appreciate the incentive from AMD as they are a bit lackluster on the GPU rendering front for quite some time now. Their GPUs are pretty awesome for the price / perfomance ratio in gaming but you can't use them in CUDA rendering at all. I do feel like this will go over well with their R9 390 line (8GB of RAM).

I just hope more information will be available to the public, it's so hard to get any kind of info right now...
Nejc Kilar | chaos-corona.com
Educational Content Creator | contact us