Author Topic: Corona Crashes when rendering - Access Violation code c0000005 (first/second ch  (Read 1050 times)

2023-02-09, 21:41:06

zrylux

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Corona Crashes randomly when rendering - Access Violation code c0000005 (first/second chance not available)
Today, 12:22 PM
Hello!
Newby here using the trial version of 3dsmax 2023 and corona latest version render 30 days trial.

When I hit the render button using corona render 3dsmax crashes to desktop. Sometimes it happens 5 or 10 second after hit the button and sometimes it can happen 30 seconds or even 2 minutes. Seems it depends the mood of the computer.

Appears this message: Access Violation code c0000005 (first/second chance not available)

I can not find any pattern but always happens with any scene. It does not matter if its very simple or a very complex scene. I must say the same happens using the interactive view.

By other side, if i send the scene to the render farm rebus it works perfectly

Screenshot is attached.

Any suggestion?

16Gb RAM - 1tb ssd HD
amd ryzen 3600x 6-core
Amd Radeon rx 6700 XT

2023-02-10, 17:04:08
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
The image you posted - that dialog lets you find the minidump, it's very handy for us to have that actual file the dialog is referring to. If you can attach that, or send it via ticket (see signature) that could be very helpful for us to diagnose things.

PS also, what do you mean by "latest version" of Corona? Always best to post the actual version - e.g. latest official release is Corona 9 (HF1) but the latest daily build is Corona 10 from Jan 31st. Different people may mean different things by "latest" :)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2023-02-10, 19:46:41
Reply #2

zrylux

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Sorry, i did'nt explain what latest version means.

Before post here, I did anything its in my head to fix this like windows fresh install, 3ds max fresh install and of course corona fresh install downloaded from here yesterday.

https://corona-renderer.com/download --->Corona 9 for 3ds Max, hotfix 1

Here I attach the mini dump. Im really really curious to know what is causing in my computer to corona crash.

I appreciate your help

2023-02-10, 20:39:15
Reply #3

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile

2023-02-15, 13:38:35
Reply #4

Aram Avetisyan

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

The info and dump file has been passed to the technical team.
We will get back to you when there is an update on this.

(Internal ID=1059354403)
Aram Avetisyan | chaos-corona.com
Chaos Corona Support Representative | contact us

2023-02-15, 21:31:42
Reply #5

Aram Avetisyan

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Corona Crashes randomly when rendering - Access Violation code c0000005 (first/second chance not available)
Today, 12:22 PM
Hello!
Newby here using the trial version of 3dsmax 2023 and corona latest version render 30 days trial.

When I hit the render button using corona render 3dsmax crashes to desktop. Sometimes it happens 5 or 10 second after hit the button and sometimes it can happen 30 seconds or even 2 minutes. Seems it depends the mood of the computer.

Appears this message: Access Violation code c0000005 (first/second chance not available)

I can not find any pattern but always happens with any scene. It does not matter if its very simple or a very complex scene. I must say the same happens using the interactive view.

By other side, if i send the scene to the render farm rebus it works perfectly

Screenshot is attached.

Any suggestion?

16Gb RAM - 1tb ssd HD
amd ryzen 3600x 6-core
Amd Radeon rx 6700 XT

Can you please send any recent scene where the crash happened to test on our side?
It will be helpful.

2023-02-21, 18:18:04
Reply #6

zrylux

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for your message and sorry for my delay.

I dont know if its necessary to send the scene file since it happens in a single teapot scene or in a very complex scene.

Still needing it?

Thanks

2023-02-21, 19:14:13
Reply #7

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
It can still help - there might be some settings in your default scene set up, and at very least it will let us confirm whether the same scene crashes for us (something in the scene, a Corona thing) or not (could be something to do with your machine, Windows installation, etc.) It's always handy to know that THIS scene crashes for you and we are testing that very scene, and not just "well we created one that is probably the same but we don't know for sure if it is identical in all respects" :)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2023-02-22, 20:48:26
Reply #8

zrylux

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I just created a simple teapot scene.

Crashed after 25 seconds rendering.

I attach the scene. Thanks!

Sorry to say my corona trial license will expire in 6 days. Let's see what can we do before it happens. :)

2023-03-24, 14:57:54
Reply #9

Aram Avetisyan

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

Do you still experience the same issue?