Author Topic: Adjusting light selects inside photoshop  (Read 1289 times)

2022-12-19, 14:43:25

Stof

• Active Users
    • View Profile
So using the light selects inside corona its possible to adjust the lighting color etc. with the lightmix feature.
I want to be able to do this but inside the photoshop by adjusting the individual light selects.

Do anyone have an idea on how to do this?

I have been trying to adjust the lightselects inside photoshop but with no luck.
Is this even possible?

2022-12-19, 14:48:35
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
It is possible. You'll have to save to EXR format (or CXR, and rename to EXR) as you need the high dynamic range. JPGs and PNGs are no good here :)

Then stack them in Linear Add mode. Then use Adjustment Layers (use the option to only affect the layer it is attached to) such as Exposure and Hue to make the same adjustments as intensity and color do in the VFB/CIE.

Also, you could just use the CIE (Corona Image Editor), depending on what you want to do? This lets you do all the LightMix stuff in post without having Max or C4D open.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2022-12-19, 14:50:40
Reply #2

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
PS you won't need the Beauty pass, as assembling the LightMix layers will give the Beauty (until you turn some on or off, adjust their intensity, or their color, etc :) )

2022-12-19, 15:10:51
Reply #3

Stof

• Active Users
    • View Profile
wow Tom thanks alot, i will try this and check if i can get it to work! :D

2022-12-19, 15:45:05
Reply #4

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Let us know if you have any problems and we'll be happy to try to help. Also, you can do the same thing in a video editor, and animate the Exposure and Color changes, the on-offs, fade in opacity to have lights come on or off gently, and thus make an animation out of only one frame of rendering (though only the lighting will be animating of course ;) )

2022-12-19, 18:53:15
Reply #5

Stof

• Active Users
    • View Profile
okay so i tried it now and the exposure is working perfectly, but the hue still seems to not function properly

i attached the lightmix so you can see how the light looks inside the lightmix in corona vfb.
The picture cap1 shows the hue at red but does not affect the light like in corona - although the exposure works perfectly.

I have set the background layer for linear dodge (add)

2022-12-19, 18:56:51
Reply #6

Stof

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Heres where the saturation is at 100

2022-12-19, 19:23:17
Reply #7

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Did you enable Colorize for the Hue/Sat adjustment?

2022-12-19, 19:47:56
Reply #8

Stof

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Damn Tom your amazing, that worked - thank you so much!

2022-12-20, 12:56:24
Reply #9

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
TY for the kind words, and you are welcome!

2022-12-20, 19:45:06
Reply #10

Stof

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Tom,

I have another question, can you adjust the light selects and then change the base color of the object separately so that the hue don't affect the base color of the object?

hope you understand my question...

See attached files

2022-12-20, 19:47:39
Reply #11

Stof

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The picture with the red chairs is the base color.

It is because I want to be able to change the color of the chair in post as well, separate from the lights.

2022-12-20, 21:52:55
Reply #12

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
You'd need to create a mask render element, then use that to create a mask in Photoshop which will let you "cut out" an object. That can then let you either apply things like adjustment layers to the object(s) you masked, or let you do things like not have the light from a LightSelect fall on the object, or anything else really that you can use a mask for :)

https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/articles/4528356418449-How-to-use-smart-masks-in-Corona-for-3ds-Max- should help.

2022-12-20, 21:53:27
Reply #13

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
PS and if you don't want to re-render, you can just use "Render only masks" as masks are not dependent on doing all the actual rendering to generate.

2022-12-21, 14:07:39
Reply #14

Stof

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes alright, i am rendering the individual objects eaither way and then layering them above the forground so i guess that should work :P

Thanks again :)